VA disability and getting a trucking job...

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Nerdybiker, Jun 18, 2011.

1. snake021

snake021 Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Marietta OH
    First, where do you see anger in any of my post? I think you're reflecting.

Second, there is only one place you can go to "SF School", and what years I was an 18C will tell you nothing in the "secret squirrel test" you're trying to accomplish.

Third, like I said before, I have no issues with anyone getting "a check" for disabilities that they have that causes them to not to be able to get a job. But when you are doing the exact same job that I am, you are not "disabled" to me. I could guarentee you that I am fully qualified to get "a check" for service injuries that plague me to this day, but I choose not to, because I am still a functioning member of society that does not ask anyone else to pay for the path I chose in life. Sorry that offends most people.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. snake021

snake021 Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Marietta OH
    Don't get me started. And yes, I have a wife and kids.:biggrin_2559:

4. L.B.

L.B. Third Generation Truck Driver

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    7 months to reply? Talk about unnecessary bump!

5. L.B.

L.B. Third Generation Truck Driver

Jul 23, 2007
    Middle GA
    I've never heard of a trucking company asking about va disability and if anyone volunteers it they just are looking for trouble.

6. Bwatts6012

Bwatts6012 Bobtail Member

May 28, 2018
    Im 100% i want to start trucking but im worried i could lose my rating any ideas

djoh615893 Thanks this.
  7. djoh615893

djoh615893 Light Load Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Montana
    I just got upgraded from 50% to 80%. When I drove for a guy in rural Montana, they thought nothing of it at all. I was at 50% at the time and was more mobile and fit than all the others, except for one guy who is just a stud anyways, but generally the owner and dispatch only cared that I was running the loads and healthy enough to run hard. They truly did not care. However, with that said, when I was looking for a starter company, TMC and Melton flat out turned me down because they know how to look at a DD214 and knew that there was a code that meant disability. Werner saw the same thing and required that the VA doctor see me and that they fill out some forms and fax it directly into their main office. I didn't bother to push it through the lazy nurse at the Temple, TX VA to get the doctor to do that and moved right along. Now, with my 80%, I know that I can do the job and do it well, and all I tell anyone is that I got a full retirement from my service and that I made it to just shy of my 20 years when I was offered my full honorable discharge into retirement. That's all I ever volunteer on that subject and no one really seems to think about asking disability questions or anything. If you're a combat veteran, especially with multiple tours, my experience has been that most folks won't dig too far into that due to the respect that comes with unless, unless a person ruins that respect of their own accord.
    Anyway, you WILL NOT lose your rating unless you are saying things at your next C&P exam that would cause the examining doctor to have to document something that you should have kept to yourself. In no way, shape or form, should you be worried about that.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.