Value Truck of Arizona

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by tlalokay, May 27, 2018.

1. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Lmao ; No thanks !

You have to wonder how they even get drivers to work for them when Phoenix is one of the best cities in this great country to have a CDL A .

Seriously , almost every big company has a terminal there and they're always expanding and hiring yet "Value Truck" has drivers and multiple terminals in Phx metro .

tlalokay and IluvCATS Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tlalokay

tlalokay Medium Load Member

Jun 3, 2014
    El Paso, TX
    I have to believe it has to do with how they rope people in. A driver doesn't find out about the charge-backs until "orientation". Their orientation consists of watching videos online and it's then that they make the charge-backs known. This was after interviewing at the yard, taking the road test and taking the drug test. They had already purchased a bus ticket for me as well.

I almost went through with it just because I had done everything required and was in the process of relocating to another city, partly based on taking the job with them.

Perhaps there are a lot of drivers out there who just go with it and don't worry about the charge-backs until they happen.

4. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Just curious , are you moving to Phoenix ? If so, there are so many greater options around .

5. tlalokay

Jun 3, 2014
    El Paso, TX
    No, I was about to relocate to San Diego, CA. I'm out of El Paso, TX currently. I applied at a few other places out of San Diego but the numbers just don't add up.

For how expensive it is to live in the San Diego area, the pay is way too low at places currently hiring. There seem to be quite a few 1099 outfits as well. With Texas, there is no state income tax and the living expenses are way lower than CA.

I did have a nice visit to SD though.

Oh, I forgot to mention- Value Truck also tried to get me to sign a waiver of liability for physical injury or death. Although, the recruiter did say I didn't have to sign it after I insisted. Something about the documents were out of date and intended for 1099 contractors. I call nonsense on that though because it was all part of a digital signature packet that included basic application signatures which I'm sure many people applying just sign without giving it much thought.

It seemed like one thing after the other with this company and any one of those things alone gave me pause. In the end, I value my sanity and going in with my eyes open like that just spells discontentment and regret later on.

6. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017

You're not joking about California . The numbers just don't add up as far as readily available trucking jobs are concerned. I thought about trying San Diego and the only places I could afford a few years ago were El Cajon and Imperial Beach but for what I was getting for my money it just wasn't worth it . Those were the cheapest decent cities around San Diego I could find .

I don't know how you feel about Phoenix but there are lots and lots of high paying jobs that are always hiring and most are home daily . Also lots of Phoenix (east valley) has flood irrigation,grass ,and lakes if that's what you're after coming from El Paso

IluvCATS and tlalokay Thank this.
  7. tlalokay

Jun 3, 2014
    El Paso, TX
    I just checked out some of the job boards for Phoenix and you ain't lying. There are quite a few companies hiring and they're not half as bad as the typical fair for El Paso.

I've got my ear to the ground on a position right now so I'm going to hold off on any other relocation plans until that one pans out. It's a little bit of a sidewinder so I'm thinking real hard about it.

Thanks for the heads up.

8. angrytripod

angrytripod Bobtail Member

Mar 28, 2018
    whats a good local company in the pheonix area for someone with reefer and LTL experience?

9. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    Do you speak Spanish?

bigblue19 and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  10. angrytripod

angrytripod Bobtail Member

Mar 28, 2018
    i took spanish in high school.....a bunch of times. so thats a no

tlalokay Thanks this.
  11. Bakerman

Bakerman Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2013
    Phoenix, AZ
    If you're gonna run reefer in Phoenix, knowing Spanish will make your job easier.

tlalokay and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.