Vaping Nicotine to Stay Awake

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Skytz33, May 27, 2018.

1. FlaSwampRat

FlaSwampRat Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2019
    Valrico FL
    I would try vaping but I don't have a Subaru WRX so I don't think I'm allowed lol.

Intothesunset Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Replacing a cancer stick with an electronic cancer stick is still a cancer stick.

Idea is to quit, if vaping makes you quit then that’s the goal but going from smoking to using a vape for more then a few months, then you have failed.

4. SteveScott

SteveScott Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Nicotine by itself doesn't cause cancer but is addictive, just like caffeine. If a person can quick smoking but stay hooked on vaping, they're much better off than they were on cigarettes health-wise.

5. Intothesunset

Intothesunset Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2019
    truck
    I just bought 2 pack of smokes. They are consistaly the same #### taste. And I switched to light 100s. @x1Heavy would be proud of me like a step son.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  6. otterinthewater

otterinthewater Road Train Member

May 10, 2018
    Santa Barbara, Ca
    If you’re tired take a nap. If you’re always tired get enough rest or look at lifestyle changes.

Anything you do to stay awake other than rest is based in the laws of diminishing returns. Soon you’ll be using a whipple supercharger to get ever increasing amounts of nicotine.

FlaSwampRat and Intothesunset Thank this.
  7. Moonshine bandit

Moonshine bandit Bobtail Member

Sep 1, 2015
    There are several issues that this could be. First, what kind of juice are you using, and what's the nic level? If you're just starting the process of quitting cigs, I'd recommend a juice that's either 50 or 60mg nicotine (5 or 6%) which will seriously curb the cravings. This is where salt nicotine comes into play. It allows for quicker nicotine absorption, while having a smoother taste. Not all nicotine is created equal, either. If you get a juice that tastes like pepper, it's cheap nicotene. The quality of juice is also a huge issue. Do yourself a favor and sit down at a vape shop and try flavors until you find a few you like. Most people find themselves drawn to either savory flavors like desserts/donuts or to fruity flavors. Buy 2 or 3 flavors that you like and rotate them out every day or 2. Vaper's tongue is real, and will cause you to taste your juice less. Switch to something else and come back to it in a day or 2. Also be prepared to hate the first flavor that you thought you loved. I quit cigs vaping on a banana pudding flavor, and now days I only vape fruit flavors. The big thing though is DON'T GIVE UP! Cravings are gonna suck ###, but hit that vape hard and the cravings will pass. Good luck!

8. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Better than Vaping, just go to the back row in most any truckstop and ask for some highspeed chicken feed, Nothing like amphetamines to keep you a wake for days or weeks.

Why would you want to ingest smoke of any kind, Vaping is just as stupid as doing the chicken feed. When your tired sleep, if you make it a point to sleep when your suppose to be sleeping you wont have a problem, might suck at first getting used to sleeping when required, but it's part of the job. Vaping, drugs, just a way to hurry up and die.

Brettj3876, Adieu and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  9. Moonshine bandit

Moonshine bandit Bobtail Member

Sep 1, 2015
    I dont think that vaping should be used to help you sleep, to hump your cousin, or any other reason than to quit smoking. That's it. Vaping isn't 100% safe, and it never claimed to be, but neither is getting in the shower or driving down the road. What it is, however, is a MUCH SAFER ALTERNATIVE to smoking. Sure it's going to negatively impact a nonsmoker, but it'll be much safer than the hundreds of chemicals going into your body from a cigarette. I smoked 2-3 packs a day for 16 years so I've been on both sides of the fence. I'm also not one of these anti smoking pricks that want to gripe anytime someone lights up near me. And as far as these kids vaping these days, they can go back to the tide pods and leave vaping for the adult smokers that the industry was designed for. *end rant*

10. Intothesunset

Intothesunset Road Train Member

Apr 15, 2019
    truck
    I have no idea why OP posted this thinking it would keep you awake.
    Just chew ground coffee.

Moonshine bandit and FlaSwampRat Thank this.
  11. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    Somewhat, that statement is a vaping industry talking point. I was involved in the industry prior to trucking and could tell you the horror stories of the quality of materials not only in the devices but the liquids as well.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.