Verizon wireless sucks !

Discussion in 'Cellular - Voice - Data' started by Cat sdp, Mar 15, 2013.

1. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    Verizon has agreements with other carriers, they swap coverage back and forth to extend the networks for both(all).

The coverage map for Straight Talk CDMA nationwide looks very much the same as Verizon and US Cellular, which is what I have. Verizon covered my former home county with this agreement, they had no towers there.

There are places where Verizon and others with CDMA get poorer coverage, but overall, you have a larger physical area of coverage than with the GSM phones.

I tried to get a GSM phone from Straight Talk to use when I was on the road, but they want to sell you one you can use at home, the smart phones may be available for CDMA now, I haven't checked for awhile.

Adding a line gets my wife and I contract phones for about the same amount as 2 prepaids per month.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida

4. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    I have a 70 year old neighbor I take to the doctor every month. She has one of them prepaid pay as you go Verizons. She always has me stop so she can buy a Verizon card and have me load it for her. I think I caught onto a scam but not sure yet. Friday I reloaded it and on the phone screen it said her balance was $2.41. Then I call that *611 to load and on there it says her balance is $0.43. Then I load the $15 card and the balance then shows $15.43 instead of $17.41. I noticed that the time before I loaded it for her but didn't pay much attention. I think they are cheating people out of their money. I'll watch closer next time.

aiwiron Thanks this.
  5. aiwiron

aiwiron Road Train Member

Aug 24, 2011
    Sunny Tampa Florida
    Some pre pay companies do that, basically no roll over minutes on pre paid card phones, I know that first hand.

6. Meltom

Meltom Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Interesting, my guess is they have fees in their fine print. I know nothing about how that works so it's just a guess. I like feeling important to state my guesses aloud. Then I freak out and think I shouldn't have typed something, then I realize I don't care.

7. CondoCruiser

CondoCruiser The Legend

Apr 18, 2010
    Tennessee
    But the balance changes before even adding the card. It changes the moment you call the first thing the drawn out menu says is your balance. They do charge $1 for each day you use it which is a rip off. I about got her convinced to change to Straight Talk.

aiwiron Thanks this.
  8. BossOutlaw88

BossOutlaw88 Road Train Member

Oct 30, 2011
    Cali
    I had Verizon for three years and was paying $100+ a month. I switched over to Boost Mobile and am paying $40/month. The only let-down is no service around the Canadian border.

"Do what thou wilt."

9. ThatFlatbedGuy2013

ThatFlatbedGuy2013 Medium Load Member

Feb 4, 2013
    Somewhere in the US of A
    Perhaps u should have explained it to them and they would have left u alone. I was with AT&T and Sprint. Both had good customer service. I had been with AT&T since I was 16 and had them till I was 20. I was late a few times and each time I was able to work it out. I still owe them some money even though I am not with them though if I decided to go back I am sire I could work it out. Sprint was pretty good too if u made most of payments on time. If you just couldn't pay that month's bill for some reason they would roll it on to a few weeks later and turn service back on until then. I just went Verizon cause I need the coverage. Will have to see how they are.

Also, ya got to realize that even though you the one that keeps them in business you also signed a contract saying you will pay this amount at a specific date. If u miss that date, yeah they are gonna bug you. Two weeks is usually a good enough grace period. If you were two weeks late that's your fault and your responsibility to notify them of y and when u can pay. Preferably before the due date. Not on, or after. You should know when your bill is due and if u can pay or not. It ain't their responsibility to baby sit you.

Sent from my htc DNA

aiwiron Thanks this.
  10. KelvAcos

KelvAcos Bobtail Member

Mar 11, 2013
    USA
    i've had Verizon for 6-7 yrs, yes they are more expensive but i have signal and internet everywhere i go... except Wyoming lol

11. VegasfanNJ

VegasfanNJ Light Load Member

Feb 7, 2012
    New Jersey
    Verizon has the best service for phone and TV IMHO

Verizon has the WORST customer service also IMHO.

Double edged sword with them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.