Vista Proppants (VPROP)

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Haystak88, Feb 17, 2018.

1. scot

scot Bobtail Member

Sep 25, 2014
    Thanks for the update Haystak88 but guess they're not hurting for drivers that bad since I just got off the phone to follow up on my app and she said no go since I have less than a year driving within three years. Even though, I have three years driving within seven years. Seems like they're pretty strict on a year within the three due to insurance.

2. Makeajump

Makeajump Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Texas
    Yep as much as they would like to, the insurance companies have their hands tied.......

3. 27butterfly

27butterfly Medium Load Member

Aug 1, 2013
    Pittsburg, Texas
    I hope you didn't go lol, they promise everything and deliver nothing. I worked their and the were doing pneumatic trucks but have now changed to sandboxed, no customers like them and everyone quits once they see they only have third party work.

4. 27butterfly

Aug 1, 2013
    Pittsburg, Texas
    My phone is crazy and changed some spelling lol, hopefully you guys get what I'm saying.

5. MagnumaMoose

MagnumaMoose Lost or Missing

Jan 18, 2018
    Which yard were you at ?

6. 27butterfly

Aug 1, 2013
    Pittsburg, Texas
    Not there anymore, was in San Angelo.

MagnumaMoose Thanks this.
  7. Wildcat2018

Wildcat2018 Bobtail Member

Mar 28, 2018
    27butterfly,
    I'm due to be in orientation on 4/17 for the San Angelo yard. Would you mind sharing the bad and good with me?
    How was the hotel?
    How many hrs a week did you work?

8. 27butterfly

Aug 1, 2013
    Pittsburg, Texas
    My suggestion is don't go period, nothing good to say because they promise $25 an hour, housing and overtime. The problem is they have no work, they changed their name from Maalt to Vista because they had such a bad name and I guess they thought this would help, they get work only when they need extra trucks, you are talked bad to by sand coordinator on site because who you work for, you only get one day off and if you do decide to work say four weeks and request a couple days off they will call you saying they need you and when you get back because they need you so bad you will sit. They are doing flatbed with sandboxes on them so good luck on those bad lease roads, all the guys I know have gone to Detmar Logistics, I did our application yesterday and they already finished it saying approved and asked if we want to start the 9th or 16th.

Big Mike Truck Life Thanks this.
  9. Wildcat2018

Wildcat2018 Bobtail Member

Mar 28, 2018
    Thanks for the info! How long ago did you work for them?

10. MagnumaMoose

MagnumaMoose Lost or Missing

Jan 18, 2018
    I hope Detmar works out better for you. I hope you update us on Detmar in a few weeks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.