Vitamix Trucking

Discussion in 'Food & Cooking in the Truck | Trucker Recipe Forum' started by Criminey Jade, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Cottonmouth85

Cottonmouth85 Bad Influence

May 3, 2012
    Floresville, Tx
    Trust me.... there is no meat in dog food... like you said. By product. Feather bone blood. Yummy. Lol

Vilhiem Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Vilhiem

Vilhiem Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2014
    So I had a similar idea just recently, but sni limits you to a 150w inverter. Which as I've said elsewhere, isn't enough to power a decent sneeze.

So what are your suggestions there? I'd love to toss veggies, fruit, scoop of protein powder and some almond milk into it and go.

Which reminds me, as an alternative to peanut butter, you can also use cashew, and almond butter.

4. Criminey Jade

Criminey Jade Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Not Colorado Anymore
    I don't use my sleeper power for the blender because I worry I'm going to wreck my fuses. I take it from the 12v in the front with engine running. I bought one of those 12v converters that plugs into the console socket. It gives me enough power to run most of the settings on the blender.

BlueThunderr Thanks this.
  5. Vilhiem

Oct 6, 2014
    An inverter? I'm not familiar with what you mean otherwise.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B0000...or+blender&dpPl=1&dpID=410QAKD90ML&ref=plSrch

That's what I was looking at, it's not so strong as to grind up ice for frozen beverages, but I don't have a freezer for ice anyways. So it's moot.

6. Criminey Jade

Criminey Jade Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Not Colorado Anymore
    Yep on the plug-in inverter.

That looks like a nice blender. I'm using a Kitchen Aid from an outlet mall kitchen store. So far, it's does the job without being hard to clean. I still want a Vitamix, but it's not in the budget while I'm OTR. I'll get one when I have a kitchen again.

Vilhiem Thanks this.
  7. Vilhiem

Oct 6, 2014
    Guess I'll be the guenia pig and try the 12v blender. I already know it can't blend hard items very well, but it shouldn't be too hard.

Also, I gotta try that wheatgrass thing on the other forum you did. I know you can put aloe in a smoothie and that stuff grows everywhere!

8. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    Aloe juice is $ 8 a gallon, at Wally World

9. Cottonmouth85

Cottonmouth85 Bad Influence

May 3, 2012
    Floresville, Tx
    Aloe juice is ####ing nasty and has no proven health benefits.... regular water is better for you.

alds Thanks this.
  10. Vilhiem

Oct 6, 2014
    Thing is, you want the pulp too. Without that you're essentially missing over half the nutrients.

11. cuzzin it

cuzzin it Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2008
    Berea, KY
    for ease and convience, i can miss the pulp

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.