VNL Cab Suspension Torsion Spring

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by brest1982, Feb 4, 2018.

1. brest1982

brest1982 Bobtail Member

Sep 25, 2017
    Hello! I have 2013 volvo VNL 680. I just changed rear cab torsion spring about month ago[​IMG]

and it did not help. It is twisted again on my truck. But today i saw another same volvo vnl with different part. He sad it will help me, if i can find this part. Here what he had:

[​IMG]

any one can help me fid out where i can get this part? I looked on back side and it had parts numbers 0727214 but google did not find this part. It could be different brand such as Freightliner or even Johndeer. Any help appreicate!

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. boneebone

boneebone Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2009
    If you just replaced the Torsion Spring and it is damaged again, it has a one year warranty, return it to the Volvo Stealership.

Also if it keeps getting damaged, it may be caused by another underlying problem, like your front cab mount bushings are worn out which is causing excessive movement and misalignment of the cab.

The mount bracket you are looking for is from a earlier year Volvo like 2006-2010.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2018
    Snailexpress and KB3MMX Thank this.
  4. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    Replace your cab mount bushings they're wasted.

The torsion spring will last 300k miles +/- with good cab bushings and shocks changed every 100k

Snailexpress and boneebone Thank this.
  5. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Proof of how disposable new trucks are. No offense if your in one.

Snailexpress Thanks this.
  6. boneebone

boneebone Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2009
    It's more like how disposable drivers are these days, as 90% of them probably don't even know how to drive a manual transmission or turn a wrench.

The problem with most faulty parts is improper maintenance of the supporting parts which makes everything else fail in unison.

Bakerman and Snailexpress Thank this.
  7. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    Can't say it better.
    The major problem is leaking air system. If truck every morning sitting on empty air bags (cab and suspension) it will destroy bushings in the blink. Then fun is begin. Vibration, cab shacking, destroyed u-joints, alignment.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  8. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    listen to the people above me and change the cab mounts it will take care of the problem, what you are trying to do is just fix what that problem is causing not the actual problem

boneebone and KB3MMX Thank this.
  9. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA

Trucks aren't disposable, parts wear out, always have, always will.

Some people drive until the whole thing falls apart.... I prefer to take care of my equipment and keep it in good shape.

It's called maintenance. Garbage and container haulers don't seem to know this from what i see in the roads.

10. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA

Did you have Volvo parts guy look up the number ?

I agree that the torsion design leaves a lot to be desired.....

11. Esdotgrundy

Esdotgrundy Bobtail Member

Feb 13, 2018
    Hi guys. New here so I doing see the previous thread. Are you guys solving the Volvo excessive bounce problem??? Its had me perplexed for a while.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.