Volvo 670 Instrument Cluster

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Travelinman, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Kale

Kale Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2017
    Pablo
    I have a 2001 Volvo and I lost half my dash like oil pressure water temp n rpm gauges n also the buzz for low air i tired different cluster and still same issue I was told it might be the abs module under the cab on the cross member tried that n still the same the only thing is when I pull the relay for the abs in the fuss panel the gauges start working again but as soon as I put the abs relay back in the fuss panel the gauges stop working any ideas

2. Kale

Kale Bobtail Member

Mar 2, 2017
    Pablo
    I have a 2001 Volvo and I lost half my dash like oil pressure water temp n rpm gauges n also the buzz for low air i tired different cluster and still same issue I was told it might be the abs module under the cab on the cross member tried that n still the same the only thing is when I pull the relay for the abs in the fuss panel the gauges start working again but as soon as I put the abs relay back in the fuss panel the gauges stop working any ideas

3. JerryD13

JerryD13 Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2016
    -----------------------------------

** search eBay for Instrument Cluster Repair >> also search google

Volvo-Semi-Tractor-Truck-Gauge-Instrument-Cluster-Repair-Service-VN-VNL-VNM-VHD-

KEY WORDS = Instrument Cluster Repair - Volvo-Semi-Tractor-Truck-Gauge

cost about 200.00 you send in and takes about 4 days to fix -

4. JerryD13

JerryD13 Light Load Member

Oct 17, 2016
    ========================================================
    ** search eBay for Instrument Cluster Repair >> also search google

Volvo-Semi-Tractor-Truck-Gauge-Instrument-Cluster-Repair-Service-VN-VNL-VNM-VHD-

KEY WORDS = Instrument Cluster Repair - Volvo-Semi-Tractor-Truck-Gauge

cost about $200.00 - you send in and takes about 4 days to fix -

5. Travelinman

Travelinman Medium Load Member

Mar 22, 2010
    The battery cables were loose. Easy fix.

6. Jacoooooooo

Jacoooooooo Heavy Load Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Does anybody know what type of bulbs do I need to replace burnt instrument cluster backlight? A link to eBay would work wonders. I can’t find it anywhere. Hoping someone went thru this before. Thanks.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2018
  7. Pablo-UA

Pablo-UA Road Train Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Borispol, Ukraine
    there are SMD LED

8. Jacoooooooo

Jacoooooooo Heavy Load Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Thanks, do you know if they are changable?

9. Swift and secure

Swift and secure Bobtail Member

Jul 19, 2018
    My 2005 Volvo semi problem is, I start it in about 2 min the cluster stops working I can turn off and back on it works or if I’m driving it will continue to work it only goes off at idle so I believe it’s some kind of relay but don’t know Does any one know what it may be please help.

10. boneebone

boneebone Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2009
    I would contact a cluster repair place that specializes in Volvo clusters and describe the symptoms, as they have experience in cluster problems and can lead you in the right direction, but it seems like a internal problem within the cluster itself.

Socal Xpress Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.