Volvo D-16 problems

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by Sandlapper, Apr 13, 2009.

1. The_Judge

The_Judge Light Load Member

May 25, 2008
    Montreal, Quebec
    I used to have too tons of problems. Too many to describe. Since two years a go seems like the engine is running well and the last visit to the shop was somewhere two years a go.
    Now I will have to go back to the shop coz my engine drink between two oil changes (13-15 000 miles) 3-4 gallons of oil. Is way to early (I do have 500 000 miles on dash) for and overhaul but who knows. With Volvo I am ready for anything bad.

Does anyone have the same problem with oil consumption ?

2. Ed-

Ed- Bobtail Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Winnipeg, MB
    have an 2008 730 with a D 16 500 HP in it.
    have the truck now a bit over 3 years.
    this truck was about 4 month in the shop.
    leaking engine, new flywheel, 4th turbo, Injector caps about 5 times,
    allignement about 5 times, and so on....

have now almost 400.000 miles on it. and since 10 month it runs without volvo shop.

when something happend and i dont must go to volvo, i dont go there. seems the truck like it better in TA and PETRO shops.

run with 65 MpH at 6 MpG.

power is just bad in aereas like california. temperature always at about 200.

reagen 1 to 3 times a day.

the only thing i realy like at this truck is the I-Shift.

Ed

3. snowbird74365

snowbird74365 Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2013
    have them check the air compressor cause we lost ours it wasn't tightened down and lost oil and then eventually fell off

4. snowbird74365

snowbird74365 Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2013
    well if you work for volvo then why is it that volvo won't get a compressor that works and stays with the truck i have been through 3 compressors and now i am getting injectors and now have to get another compressor. why won't volvo help with the cost if their compressors aren't lasting more than 6-8 months. i have loved volvo's for the time that i have drove but at this point in my life i really am not happy with this volvo with the d-16. have had more problems with this one i call her the "shop Queen" please help if you know who i could talk to about this issue with the compressor always going out

• Draft saved Draft deleted