volvo D13 oil separator has oil coming out from pipe

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by calvint88, Feb 21, 2016.

1. calvint88

calvint88 Bobtail Member

Dec 25, 2009
    The volvo at fort worth wants $1000 for the part; I might try your suggestion when I get a chance, thanks.

KB3MMX and letsgofast Thank this.
  2. letsgofast

letsgofast Bobtail Member

May 9, 2013
    I would definitely this was the silicone e hose (green) connected yo the bottom side of filter twist it around and pug it ono the Inet side of it disthis toc3 trucks they still Runinng

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  3. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    Volvo MUST BE Insane !!
    That is beyond ridiculous.

BTW....Most all Volvo parts carry a suggested 100% markup price. I'll bet the sdealer price is half that or less.

Why not pull it off and clean the crap out of it with a case of brake parts cleaner...etc.??

4. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    My 3408 was doing same thing staining the headboard of trailer with oil I ran new hoses out of valve cover an ran them close to ground under the fuel tanks, be sure to point them away from brakes so they dont oil the brakes at hi speeds?

antbanx and KB3MMX Thank this.
  5. tserberis

tserberis Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2013
    Yeah, it's like $800. But the thing is, you can take it apart and clean it. Just don't forget to replace the gaskets, they are like $80. Also make sure your oil pipe going out is not clogged.
    Usually if everything works fine, and no codes, the vent system is just clogged, so the oil doesn't go through separator fast enough and is getting thrown out through breather pipe.

6. Cowpie1

Cowpie1 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Kellogg, IA
    Just a curious question... does this system have a filter on it like the ISX engines that needs to be replaced periodically? Or is it a enclosed unit that has to be totally replaced?

7. tserberis

tserberis Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2013
    No filter like ISX.

It's an enclosed unit. It can be cleaned thou. It's consist of spinner like filter that's made of many plastic plates( shaped like coffee filters) with holes.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  8. ryanbob1

ryanbob1 Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2016
    theres like 8 little bolts on the separator and just take it apart and clean it in the kero bath and put it back on

9. Amram

Amram Medium Load Member

Feb 4, 2017
    What if the stupid thing has an active fault code?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.