Volvo reviews or opinions

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by EmersonSC, Feb 13, 2010.

1. MedicineMan

MedicineMan Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    after 32 months you get the title

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MedicineMan

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    that 5 year (if they use it) is to get signed on. once your leased on the truck is grandfathered in.

besides he took an older truck because he wanted the lower payment. I believe he got one of the repo units

losttrucker Thanks this.
  4. broncrider

broncrider Road Train Member

hadn't heard that about the SBA, as they were going to back a second loan for me a few months ago

5. EmersonSC

EmersonSC Light Load Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Taylor, MI
    What about the emissions regs? when would they be making people upgrade their emisions equip?

6. MedicineMan

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    2014. buy who cares. #### California

Eskimo6804, losttrucker and HwyPilot Thank this.
  7. maniac88872

maniac88872 Bobtail Member

Feb 16, 2007
    well i have a 1998 volvo 770 its been a great truck have had it since dec 08 det 6o non egr 13 speed and 355 rears 22.5 tall rubber pulling a 53 ft dry van never go over the 30000 lbs mark with the loads getting 7.71 millage at 63mph thats what i know about my volvo that for 10 k you could buy truck and trailer its heavy thats why i want to sell not that im not making money with it i can only scale 43500 on a load i know i pull light loads but have a deal to pull 44k so need a light truck and trailer if you want to but just post a reply and ill get back to you i would not buy a 03 or newer since the egr is bad news for fuel mileage and maint. cost

8. MedicineMan

Jan 13, 2007
    Woodville, TX
    That's a different truck. That's a volvo/white. Different company now. Those were good trucks. Especially in heavy duty applications.

HwyPilot Thanks this.
  9. Mr. PlumCrazy

Mr. PlumCrazy Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Lexington NC
    Yea a couple months ago they was going to back me but but banks didn't want to do a start up company want you to be a current customer or had a 250k minimum when I did find a couple banks that was wanting to go through Arrow F...ed it up SBA said trucking is to high of a risk and they have to many default loans associated with it. I have call my district, regional and Washington DC SBA office and wrote a letter to the President and all I get back is apology letters

10. Mr. PlumCrazy

Mr. PlumCrazy Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Lexington NC
    In 1997 Volvo purchased all of General Motors' interests in Volvo GM, and changed the company's name to Volvo Trucks North America. the Volvo WhiteGMC name was discontinued

11. EmersonSC

EmersonSC Light Load Member

Mar 12, 2009
    Taylor, MI
    It's still a different company, ran and designed by different folks. The Volvo/White trucks were much more reliable than the now foreign designed and made trucks of Volvo TNA.

Its like when ford sold Jaguar. Look at the cars now. They are completely redesigned and are junk. Just because they kept the name doesnt mean its the same car. Just because its now Volvo instead of Volvo White doesnt mean its the same truck.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.