Volvo steer axle air bags not same level

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by Neven0108, Jan 24, 2021.

1. Neven0108

Neven0108 Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2021
    I have a volvo vnl 680 after springs got changed truck leaned on one side so i replaced air bag and leveling valve this truck only has one leveling valve for both bags and still same problem when air bags are both down truck leans 1’1/2 on passenger side when air bags go up truck leans 1inch to driver side and passenger side air bag goes up more then driver side to almost full extension. Anyone with any clues to what it could be? Also z plate on driver side is bigger then passenger on passenger side looks like a thin shim and driver side normal z plate

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    My 1st guess would be are both springs the right ones.. could have a 13,500 on the drivers side and a 12,300 on the passanger side.

A softer spring on 1 side would tilt it down on that side when the bag is flat and would flex more with the same psi in both bags.... is the leveling valve on the drivers side...??

4. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Best way to fix this is but a kit and install two leveling valves that way you can adjust them seperately without any issues, it happens a bunch of times just update to 2 valves and all good.

KB3MMX and Socal Xpress Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.