Vote NO! on interior facing cameras

Discussion in 'Prime' started by nofreetime, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Northern Lights

Northern Lights Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2014
    You're not always at work when you're in the truck. Interior facing cameras w/ audio recording makes it all too easy to "plug in" to a truck and snoop on a driver's off duty activities.

I'm not talking hypothetical scenarios, either. There's already complaints from drivers of one (already notoriously bad) carrier for doing just that.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SHO-TYME

SHO-TYME Road Train Member

Apr 20, 2011
    Dahlonega, GA
    Well, if it's stops a company from having to pay one hand held cell phone fine............

4. Offender

Offender Light Load Member

Oct 25, 2013
    2003 Columbia HWY
    Northern, I wasn't considering them having cameras or audio in the bunk area. That is a totaly different story. 99% of the time that should be a private area. If the bunk camera deal is part of it, I totally agree with you in regard to an invasion of privacy. Or utilizing video and audio during non driving/working periods, unless I chose to turn it on myself, like maybe i had to take 10 off in a seedy part of detroit and wanted my death to be on film to help the cops catch my killer.

If my company told me they were renting a me a hotel room, but it had to have cameras in it, I would be looking for a new job.

Northern Lights Thanks this.
  5. Northern Lights

Jan 22, 2014
    Cameras don't have to be in the sleeper to record audio from the sleeper area.

6. Dinomite

Dinomite Road Train Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Looking 4 Rocks
    You gota love these guys who think somebody want to listen in on their Navy Seal classified secret information. The simple fact is it's easy to listen in on you. There are programs that can turn your phone on and let the world hear what you are doing and you are not even on the phone. Nothing is private dude wake up. This is Amerrrrica :)

7. Northern Lights

Jan 22, 2014
    Ooh aren't we Mr. Technosavvy?

I guess you also know that it's easy to tell when such applications are running because it kills your battery ridiculously quickly, right? Stop watching so much Person of Interest. :biggrin_25525:

8. Chucktaylor

Chucktaylor Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Apparently I'm not the only one who has noticed all the truck drivers claiming to be former navy seals, spec ops, and shadowy government operators.

Based on my experiences, I'd surmise that truck driving is the first choice 2nd career for these warriors upon their discharge or retirement.

One of the two things you can almost garauntee you'll find at the lunch counter in a truck stop... The other? Legal advice.

Dinomite, Offender and paul 1052 Thank this.
  9. Offender

Oct 25, 2013
    2003 Columbia HWY
    I'm sorry if I gave you the impression that I thought they did, as was not my intent.

I meant for that post to convey agreement in disdain for your proposed scenario.

Northern Lights and Stile Thank this.
  10. Offender

Oct 25, 2013
    2003 Columbia HWY
    Chuck, don't leave out foreign and domestic policy.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.