W900L excessive hood shake

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by oneperfectrun, Jan 14, 2015.

1. Dirty-Low-Walker

Dirty-Low-Walker Medium Load Member

Dec 17, 2013
    I had the same issue on a 99 W900L i purchased over 2 years ago, i drive off road with a walking floor trailer so my hood flexed more then yours in the video, i replaced both hinge bushings and the cab bushings and it helped but one day the drivers side hood strap broke so i installed a new one from the dealer and noticed it started moving more then before the strap broke, after a few weeks of watching it move too much i went back and asked if the hood straps are different, they said no so i purchased 2 new ones and noticed when i installed the drivers side where it had previously broke the new one looked shorter then the one i had replaced a few weeks back, sure enough it not only was shorter but it was harder to latch down because the new set was made of a harder rubber, my hood still moves a little which is probably from the type of work i do but it doesn't shake like yours in the video, you might want to recheck the latches,

oneperfectrun Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. cat from the valley

cat from the valley Medium Load Member

Dec 8, 2008
    jamaica
    Truck is gorgeous, I have hood movement on my t8 I am confused n tormented abt it too

4. guntowntrucker

guntowntrucker Bobtail Member

Apr 1, 2015
    X-2

5. lbwirk

lbwirk Bobtail Member

Mar 5, 2017
    I have 2004 900L log truck with metton hood After fixing cracks I put an X brace from corner to corner on the inside of grill. Used 1 by 3/16 then welded them together where they cross No more shaking

6. Highway Sailor

Highway Sailor Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Erie,Pa.
    would you be able to post a picture of your bracing? And how did you repair your cracks ? I have a lot of movement on my hood and need to replace the bushings. I have a 2005 W900l

snowman_w900 Thanks this.
  7. snowman_w900

snowman_w900 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2010
    This seems like a good idea. How did you attach it to your hood? Did you use any other brackets?

Oxbow Thanks this.
  8. starmac

starmac Road Train Member

Apr 11, 2019
    Fairbanks Ak
    We add two more hood latches a little lower down, they all shake, this generally cures them, be it fiberglass or metton.I have homeade mounts on my frame also, no rubbing on the cab when the air ride moves.

tommygun58 Thanks this.
  9. Laszlo

Laszlo Bobtail Member

Dec 5, 2020
    What do you call the glue and where can I find it

10. Superhauler

Superhauler TEACHER OF MEN

Jan 30, 2010
    keep stroking.
    Its a two part epoxy. Kw sells it or most any parts store.

11. W903B

W903B Light Load Member

Jun 5, 2016
    My experience replacing everything but additionally change cab mounts and buy PACCAR hood straps #L56-0001 and PACCAR OE plus shocks. And try polyurethane bushings.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.