Wage Garnishment for truck being towed while on home time.

Discussion in 'Trucker Legal Advice' started by Truckerguy69, Jan 17, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    What the police department probably meant was yes it is legal for a truck to be parked on the property. However, the PROPERTY OWNERS are the ones that need to authorize that.

Its no different than if somebody parked a car in your driveway. Is it legal to park there? Yep. Do you, as a property owner, want the unauthorized car in your driveway? Probably not.

Why should the company pay for the tow? Unfortunately you made a mistake and parked where you shouldn't have.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Truckerguy69

Truckerguy69 Bobtail Member

Jan 17, 2021
    North Carolina
    If I was told I could park there and that's where other trucks park at and was parked there then the other trucks would have been towed as well

4. Truckerguy69

Jan 17, 2021
    North Carolina
    If I was illegally parked then the officer wouldn't have said it was ok and the other trucks would have been towed as well

5. Truckerguy69

Jan 17, 2021
    North Carolina
    Yea true but trucks have been parking there for years and I was the only one towed and not the others

6. Truckerguy69

Jan 17, 2021
    North Carolina
    I am far from being ahole and the other 2 or trucks didn't get towed and they were hooked too trailers

7. AModelCat

AModelCat Road Train Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Canuckistan
    And you know for 100% certainty that the property owner hasn't given the other trucks permission to park there?

8. Truckerguy69

Jan 17, 2021
    North Carolina
    No

9. Truckerguy69

Jan 17, 2021
    North Carolina
    I'm going to file a complaint with the Dol and yes I do file w-2

TheLoadOut Thanks this.
  10. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    being told by the POLICE that it's ok to park doesn't mean it's ok with the OWNER of the property...!

I have a closed small business in my town that trucks park it all the time. If you don't contract the owner 1st you'll get towed.

11. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    You were not told you could park there by the property owner. And even then, by your first post, you waited 2 days to even ask a (kinda) random person if you could park there. That's not asking for permission, that's asking for forgiveness. Would you expect to ask the guy working the window at the McDonalds if you are allowed to park in the lot across the street? That's basically what you did.

And it seems like you still haven't learned that just because the truck fits, it does not mean you are allowed to park there!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.