Waiting in West Valley City for a CREngland trainer

Discussion in 'CR England' started by russellkanning, May 12, 2012.

1. russellkanning

russellkanning Medium Load Member

Jan 22, 2012
    Frost, TX
    yep it is better than just waiting

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    gee i have a t700 and i wouldnt wanna go 3 to a truck. there is another thread on here by a couple they trained apart then teamed makes more sense to my poor ole tired brain. Of course i was a teenager from 66-72 need i say more

4. russellkanning

Jan 22, 2012
    Frost, TX
    most people wouldn't
    I was almost thinking that they would eventually just throw the 2 of us in a truck and set us loose.

5. russellkanning

Jan 22, 2012
    Frost, TX
  6. Brownyjr36

Brownyjr36 Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Coon rapids, mn
    I heard that they were going to start putting 2 phase 2 students together in a new fleet. As crazy as that sounds, you ask a lot of people who have gone through phase 2. I think a lot would say it can't be much different than going thru it with a lease op who did phase 1, and has been on their own for 2 weeks, or a month. I felt like I was just as good as my phase 2. Some days I felt like I was doing the teaching.

Dewey120 Thanks this.
  7. russellkanning

Jan 22, 2012
    Frost, TX
    I agree.
    I would guess that we will go out together after the "upgrade" process.
    One of the friends I met in WVC, while we waited, got his lease truck and a phase 2 "trainee" at the same time. So he is only a couple weeks ahead of his sidekick. But Richard is a great guy and will be a great teammate for the next guy.
    5 more days of training (6100 paid miles to truck) and we will be done with phase 1.

8. russellkanning

Jan 22, 2012
    Frost, TX
    another week in the books with our trainer
    looks like we will have to spend another week with him, since they ran out of trainees for him this weekend. I can't believe there is not a single phase 1 trainee waiting here .... but.
    hopefully we can skip phase 2 after this next week. We will have about 23000 miles in phase 1.

9. Dewey120

Dewey120 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Southern California
    Did your TC tell you that there are no students for your trainer or did your trainer tell you that? If I have a good student running with me and they have met there training requirements I will ask if they would like to stay a week longer in my truck and I will cover all of their meals.

As of right now you need 14,000 total miles for phase 1 and 16,000 for phase 2. If you go over during phase 1 then you need a combined of 30K to be done with phase 2.

10. russellkanning

Jan 22, 2012
    Frost, TX
    they couldn't find him a trainee before friday

11. russellkanning

Jan 22, 2012
    Frost, TX
    well the trainer got a new trainee so we are done with phase 1 and are doing "upgrade" in WVC

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.