Waken by a Loves employee beating on my door.

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by NIGHTRUNNER1982, Dec 11, 2019.

1. PacoTaco

PacoTaco Medium Load Member

Apr 16, 2016
    South Texas
    I wish more employees started banging on doors. I usually drive at night and it's really a hassle to get in and out of some places when I fuel or scale.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    IF I finished a long night wrapping up a 500 mile run I would hop on the radio for the truckstop. It only takes a few moments to meet up with someone pulling out for his or her run that day so grab his spot when he leaves. Once in a while you are the one leaving and here he comes again to reclaim it for another ten hours in a sleeper.

PacoTaco Thanks this.
  4. PacoTaco

PacoTaco Medium Load Member

Apr 16, 2016
    South Texas
    The problem is 90% of those make-a-spot drivers don't have a radio.

5. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Good for loves. I wish more truck stops would bang on u "make a spot" dip ####s. Find a proper spot to park in.

6. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    You better get a parking spot in the North East before 3 p.m. or you won't get one at all

7. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    I love my loud airhorn. Blow it off at the morons that are hard to get around. Personally i wait till im right at the driver side of the sleeper . and come to a stop and give it a good toot for a couple seconds

8. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    And the original poster is looking for sympathy? I guess the half a dozen responses telling him he is a jerk might bring him into reality.
    Is parking tough? You bet it is. Tell your company, make them start paying for reserved spaces, or make arrangements with shippers and receivers for you to park there. Or in the case of the huge mega carriers, start buying the property you should have done long ago and actually absorb the cost of a terminal instead of shifting it to a 3rd party.
    In my case I am paying for parking at the rate of about $50 month, a cost that was unheard of 5 years ago.
    I will not invent a space, any more than I will urinate or leave a bag of human waste in the parking lot. Why? Because I respect my fellow drivers, even if they don't respect me.

86scotty, expedite_it, sirhwy and 27 others Thank this.
  9. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Depends Where in the Northeast- I can always get a spot "Somewhere" along the NY Thruway anytime-
    I can get a spot at the T&A south of providence pretty much till 10pm.
    But your right- You can forget about the Pilot in Milford,CT...Thats the Worst.
    Or Bordentown,NJ better get there by 5pm..
    Now,I can hit the T&A on 80 in Buckhorn,PA or Columbia,NJ by 9pm and get at least a reseved.

I have a Few Hidden Gems I found over the years also I will not tell-

And Of Course- You can Hit the Chester chicken Sunoco in in Snoe Shoe 243 hours a day and get a spot- Very few Megas go there.

10. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Actually,I find better Luck in the Northeast than I do in Virginia and South (NC,SC,GA,FL....Those states to me are impossible at night.

11. flood

flood Road Train Member

Dec 25, 2010
    So you parked ILLEGALLY and they woke you up...! GOOD for them... They were less than pleasant with you GOOD FOR THEM....

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.