Waken by a Loves employee beating on my door.

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by NIGHTRUNNER1982, Dec 11, 2019.

1. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    And you can always report me.

Click on the person's name a small box opens. Select Ignore. And done.

However I sense your emotional needs are better served by being stressed enough to report all of us meanies who are trying to make your parking life a royal diadem.

Understand that this forum, the people if they have the mind to do so will tell you off exactly the medicine you need. I had a member here explain to me how badly my thoughts on a topic was horrible and has no value. I needed to hear that lesson and understand for this month there has been too much dying. What do I do with this member? Nothing at all. He is a valued person whose thoughts reflect decades of trucking. I am the one who made the adjustments by not addressing certain topics anymore and reduce the problems therein. At some point in the fututre we all will be well.

Thats how you get along and do better in these forums and also in life. You are supposed to be a Americn Long Haul Trucker And a Professional at that.

A no parking sign and zone shoul d not be flouted by you or anyone. No parking is no parking.

So.

Medicine and lesson two.

Pretrip planning. You need to have a plan B which assumes a half empty truckstop 12 miles ago. Hop in there and call it a day for your sleeper time or whatever precious pressing need left undone by 7 days of your dispatcher insistently pushing you to do this do that, hurry here Now you have a massive plate of food, dreams to organize for tomorrow and a good nights sleep to catch. Without some employee beating on your door howling at you to move that *&^% thing.

So much peace and rest in such places.

bzinger Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    If you see that as rude, well.. that gives me a measuring stick of what you are ranting about.

Thank hankfor saying which Loves. Now I know which one to think when I send corporate a thank you note.

Also you might not want to report that least you get in trouble for abusing the reporting system.

4. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    meh, you know you were in the wrong. That's not the time to get bent out of shape about the guy who wasn't in the wrong having attitude IMO.

I'm mixed on this one though. Two simple facts that I see, one is that there is a shortage of truck parking and two is that parking in no parking areas of truck stops seems to be accepted in most places.

Though I have never had to park in a no parking area there's been many times when I have squeezed into one of the few remaining spots, spots that would probably be taken if not for people parked in no parking areas.

I know the day will come when I can't find a spot and have no hours available to go down the road.

5. Numb

Numb Crusty Curmudgeon

Jan 30, 2012
    Charlotte, N.Carolina
    maybe should have stopped at the rest area 2 miles before that love's. it's BIG and lots of shoulder areas

6. runningman0661

runningman0661 Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Clover, South Carolina
    How about you don’t park illegally and maybe you won’t get rudely woken up.

7. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    Best $5. I spent in a while. Saved me from having to park at one of the megas many times.

8. BackwoodsGA

BackwoodsGA Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Elgin Nd
    Plan your runs better.It makes this unnecessary.

Tall Mike and bryan21384 Thank this.
  9. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    Park in the wrong "No Parking" zone in some cities and the Local LEO will be waking you up with a nice hefty citation for parking in a "FIRE ZONE".

BackwoodsGA and bzinger Thank this.
  10. Upinsmoke

Upinsmoke Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2019
    Great..maybe I can now get out of my legal space...

88 Alpha, D.Tibbitt, Tall Mike and 8 others Thank this.
  11. INRUT

INRUT Medium Load Member

Aug 21, 2016
    My experience was the opposite with Loves, one of the very few nights I parked creative was at a Love’s on 26 in SC. Yes, I was flatbed parked at entrance on right side right behind other line of trucks & absolutely last spot available, but still plenty of room for any truck to get in & night manager said I was ok. SC highway patrol woke me up to inform me he almost hit me coming in lot. He got upset when I asked him how a couple hundred semis got around me but he almost hit me in a car. Loves manager informed him they OK’d me to park there & it was there lot. I did move to a proper spot, go back to sleep.

Tb0n3, Cabinover101, starmac and 6 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.