Wal Mart Transportation lay offs

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by foggy, Oct 2, 2019.

1. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    I don't care if there's a line in every manned register and all of the self checkouts are empty, I ll stand in line and save a job, unless they pay me for doing a cashiers job.

magoo68, bzinger, foggy and 2 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. foggy

foggy Medium Load Member

Sep 2, 2013
    I figure you are right but they are wrong in one respect...the self checkouts are not faster, if anything slower unless you have a couple of items, but you are forced to use them because they will only have two "live" checkouts and 12 or more "doiturself4free" checkouts....even if you have to wait 15 minutes for more plastic bags.

4. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    The problem there is, I always get behind the senior lady who wants to chitchat with the cashier, while 15 people are waiting in line. "I'm buying these blow pops because my daughter and her kids are living with us. Little Rocco likes the strawberry, but Enid can't stand them, so I have to get the blueberry for her. And Matilda doesn't like any of them, she takes after her mother. Even looks like her, in a small way. I wish that bum of a boyfriend would support his kids, but you know you can't talk to them any more. My daughter Azalea really needs to leave him, I wish she would open her eyes.........Oh wait....I have a coupon in my purse somewhere for that, let me find it......$27.73? Are you sure that's correct? I have the correct change right here, let me find it, you can never find it when you need to, hold on, it's right here.....here's a quarter, and some pennies.....yada yada.....

TokyoJoe, alds, bzinger and 2 others Thank this.
  5. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    I don't have a problem with that, if you're in that big of a hurry maybe try 7/11

6. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    It's not being in a hurry, but I don't need to hear their life story as told to the cashier. I'd rather do self checkout, and get on with my life.

Casimir66 and bzinger Thank this.
  7. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Easy man.
    To most of those old people,that trip to Walmart
    Is all they got to look forward to every week.

alds, magoo68, bzinger and 3 others Thank this.
  8. JolliRoger

JolliRoger Road Train Member

May 8, 2007
    Mississippi
    I would rather management would counsel employees that the job is to greet the customer pleasantly,scan the purchased items, state the amount due, and conclude the sale. Any visitation might be done on their visits to there respective homes after hours or weekends.

But then, over the years I have had people tell me..."Roger, I don't know how you get anyone to work for you". It was simple.

3 steps: Tell them why- I am paying you to work. Show them how-Like this,(perform in front of them). Make them do it- Do these 5, I will be busy dismissing the guy who could not do the job. Never had a problem getting help nor keeping it. We paid as good as they could get anywhere else, were very efficient, and made a good profit.

Lonesome Thanks this.
  9. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    @JolliRoger
    Are you the owner of a business, or the manger / executive of a business establishment?

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  10. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    I don't know that it's the cashiers fault, per se. They simply have to listen, respond politely, and keep scanning. The customer that keeps droning on and on is the issue.
    Now when it's the cashier, and their neighbor, sister, brother in law, etc, is the customer, and the conversation drags on and on, that's another subject.

Bumper Thanks this.
  11. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    Here in Tennessee you have to engage with someone even in the self check out line if you purchase any alcoholic beverages. I'm 67 and still have to show some young person my ID to buy a six pack. And that usually ends up with at least a how you doing and oh your from Nevada conversation.

foggy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.