Wal-marts where trucks can park

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by AFSTruckerswife, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

2. sazook

sazook Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Springfield, MO
    They actually have all the Wal-Marts and Sams in the country listed.

3. Fratsit

Fratsit Light Load Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Brookings, SD
    Elizabeth City, NC; HWY 17 Exit 258 Walmart is right off the HWY on Halstead Blvd. Lots of trucks park there over night. A few places to eat in the shopping center and a McD's. There is plenty of room in and around the shopping center.

Most park on the left side of the property. Heck...during the potato harvest last year I counted 9 trucks there on my way up to the base in Va.

Thanks for your hard work.

R/

Frat

4. delta5

delta5 Road Train Member

Sep 9, 2010
    Ohio
    They tried that at the Walmart super center in Lima Ohio on me once. I was in a local DAYCAB and stopped in to pick up a few things at the end of my shift. A township cop rolls up and tells me that I cant sleep here. I told him to look at my truck. Local company with no sleeper? Jeez, not hard to figure out. He told me I had 30 mins to finish my shopping. I told him I would leave when I am done. I also told him that I have all of my diabetes and blood pressure prescriptions filled here and he better go read the new americans with disabilities act. Then I went in and hammered on the manager, told him the same thing. Then if he still had a problem with me shopping there, he would be hearing from my lawyer. That was the end of that... Havnt been bothered since LOL

lakelovrs Thanks this.
  5. snowman_w900

snowman_w900 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2010
    The wal-mart in wilmington, ohio you can park at. alot of truck used it when airborne/DHL was in business. still see alot of trucks in there.

6. snowman_w900

snowman_w900 Road Train Member

Nov 25, 2010
    Also, the wal-mart in hillsboro, ohio you can park there also. its not a huge parking lot though.

7. HP9K

HP9K Light Load Member

Jul 19, 2010
    Having also been an RVer for many years, I can tell you that Wal-Mart overnight parking is a big hot button issue on many of the RV message boards and in the magazines.

Wal-Mart has generally allowed RV's to park overnight at the edges of their parking lots. They just ask that you check with the store manager first to make sure their is no local law against it, and they ask that you just use it for a safe place to get some sleep for short period of time.

The biggest opposition seems to be coming from local campground owners in various cities - they see these people parking at WM and all they can see is the $30+ per night in camping fees that they are not collecting. So they run to the city council and convince them that their local Wal-Mart is quickly becoming a trailer park for "transients".

Several of the bigger RV clubs have even adopted a "code of conduct" for parking at Wal-Mart:

1. Stay one night only!
    2. Obtain permission from a qualified individual.
    3. Obey posted regulations.
    4. No awnings, chairs, or barbecue grills.
    5. Do not use hydraulic jacks on soft surfaces (including asphalt).
    6. Always leave an area cleaner than you found it.
    7. Purchase gas, food, or supplies as a form of thank you, when feasible.
    8. Be safe! Always be aware of your surroundings and leave if you feel unsafe.

Finally, here is a site that has a listing of all the Wal-Marts and has comments from RVers as to which do allow overnight camping and which ones do not - not the same as truck parking, but maybe it's a start:

http://www.allstays.com/c/wal-mart-locations.htm

Fratsit Thanks this.
  8. skibum_63

skibum_63 Road Train Member

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA
    Walmart in Rock Springs,Wyo on I-80 allows tk parking

9. Fratsit

Fratsit Light Load Member

Jul 7, 2008
    Brookings, SD
    HP....

Thanks for the link. That is an informative site.

R/

Frat

10. 2Tall

2Tall Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Richmond Va.
    Iphone has an app for that. "Walmart Overnight Parking Locator". $1.99

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.