Walcott Radio peak and tune

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by dltdamien, Apr 1, 2023.

1. jdchet

jdchet Medium Load Member

Sep 3, 2012
    NE Ohio
    If you're just looking for a regular CB consider this......https://a.co/d/536ZKW9
    Uniden PC78LTX, about $110. Take it out the box and hook it up. And don't (you or anyone else) open the covers and start screwing around! Will do everything those other 2 radios will do for $100 less. Put the money you saved into a properly installed antenna system for the particular vehicle you are using.

JD

jason6541, Night Stalker10 and ducnut Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    ducnut and Diesel Dave Thank this.
  4. jdchet

Sep 3, 2012
    NE Ohio
    ducnut Thanks this.
  5. dltdamien

dltdamien Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2023
    Washington
  6. jdchet

Sep 3, 2012
    NE Ohio
    They are easily converted to CB. BUT, you better have your antenna system right and tight or you'll blow them up!

JD

rabbiporkchop and dltdamien Thank this.
  7. LowBeam

LowBeam Light Load Member

Jan 31, 2023
  8. dltdamien

Apr 1, 2023
    Washington
    Still new to cb radios but have been seeing alot on 10m radios. Should I pick up a license before purchasing a 10m? I want to be able to use cb channels for regular day to day call puts on the road is that feasible with a 10m or will I clog up cb channels like Mr mud duck and everyone else using high powered radios? Obviously I want to make sure my antenna set up is good last thing I want is a time bomb in the cab of my truck lol.

Vampire Thanks this.
  9. dltdamien

Apr 1, 2023
    Washington
    Currently have a cobra 29 classic stock might just keep running that for a bit now that I've gotten all y'alls advice and do a bit more research.

10. Terlingua

Terlingua Medium Load Member

Oct 24, 2021
    I use a ham radio that transmits on all the HF ham bands, not just 10m, but I also find ham radio to be a lot of fun. I did open up the radio for the 11m CB band, but I rarely transmit on CB, and I have my AM power on the radio turned down to 5 watts to minimize long distance skipping. I'm firmly in the camp that CB is a tool that is most useful when kept within a few mile radius. I wouldn't personally recommend anyone get one of the high-powered CB radios for that reason.

dltdamien Thanks this.
  11. LowBeam

LowBeam Light Load Member

Jan 31, 2023

Well, technically "Bird Watts" was a well used term back a few decades ago. There is a business named Bird that makes super high quality test gear

RF Wattmeters and Line Sections | Watt Meters | Bird

So his use of the term might actually have been justified as you said it was a while back. Unless he was parroting a more experienced tech. High cost/quality test equipment alone doesn't make a good tech.

Vampire Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.