Walcott Radio peak and tune

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by dltdamien, Apr 1, 2023.

1. dltdamien

dltdamien Light Load Member

Apr 1, 2023
    Washington
    This 100%. I almost followed the advice of the super truckers which probably would of gave me a over modulated POS that sounds like garble. I notice I don't get much chatter out of other drivers still but still have gotten alot of enjoyment making contact with base stations and the conversations with other drivers every now and then. I have a lot to learn but am very grateful for everyone's advice here and getting me up and running.

Dennixx and Night Stalker10 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mountaineer3O4

Mountaineer3O4 Bobtail Member

Sep 19, 2023
    Stay cat fat away from Walcott there a bunch of thugs who make you wait for refunds and cancel orders.Absolutely the worst place to order ANY equipment from they will recommend one radio then another then another and confuse you to buy one that doesn’t match your needs, then customer service won’t help after I paid $350 bucks for my rig instead they cancel my order and now I gotta wait a week for a refund l. I should’ve listen to bells cb these guys are horrible. Tom was supposed to help me anyway he could very disappointing… I was far warned by bells cb and two other companies to stay away from Walcott but I didn’t listen now I’m paying.. Tom was helpful and courteous but Blaine was a lying in trained, unprofessional customer service rep. Instead of helping me with me order he cancled it after waiting 4 days for this crap you all deserve a one star tbh, Tom got the one star..

4. 217flatbedr

217flatbedr Light Load Member

Jan 20, 2012
    Bump…

So after researching radios that’ll meet my criteria I went with Walcott. After the discounts I felt I received a fair deal. I opted for their “Peak Performance” option with my purchase.

Between purchase submitted and product received I did what I do….consulted Google/YouTube. Before hooking up my new purchase I phoned Walcott. Don’t remember who I talked to. He pulled my order. After hitting him with a couple questions regarding tunes, upgrades etc offered for my radio I was advised NOT to do anything more to my radio. OK, fine. So I hook up my new toy and ask for a radio check. Reports came back fine. Prior to hooking anything up I performed a rudimentary SWR check using the Astatic PDC1 meter. SWR’s are in the low 1’s on 1, 40 & 20. I suppose time will (or won’t) tell regarding my radio performance. What I have learned is there are endless “Peak & Tune” as well as performance mods available. How much $$$ one chooses to lay out is their business. My experience with Walcott CB so far has been positive.

5. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    :biggrin_2559: :biggrin_2559: :biggrin_2559:

-- L

6. Timin770

Timin770 Road Train Member

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    99% of people will tell you: less tinkering the better

1% will tell you to talk to some jackdonkey in an RV in the desert

Crude Truckin' and Deere hunter Thank this.
  7. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Thanks for the story, but my Johnson 232a performs better than your peak and tune wallcott special.

Crude Truckin' Thanks this.
  8. Crude Truckin'

Crude Truckin' Alien Spacecraft

Oct 22, 2016
    North Dakota, Eh?
    My Realistic TRC 57 will as well, lol!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.