Walcott Radio

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by Kilgore0237, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Kilgore0237

Kilgore0237 Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2021
    Recently purchased a Stryker SR-A10 High Performance CB and 10 Meter 10000 Watt Antenna and Stryker SR-955HPC 10 Meter. I had to get the Frequency Expansion & Alignment to convert the radio.
    I have read mixed reviews online but most of the negative reviews were years and even a decade ago. I was looking to see if anyone has purchased recently and hear their experience.

Thanks in advance!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jessejamesdallas

jessejamesdallas Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    If you already purchased the equipment from them....Think maybe it's a little late now to be asking folks what they think of that shop????

In the future..."The Horse go's before the cart...not after".:banghead:

4. Kilgore0237

Sep 5, 2021
    Yep but I ordered online so I can turn around and return it. Sorry, I’m a little new to everything and did jump the gun but hey I guess people aren’t allowed to make mistakes and thought this place was for friendly advice but clearly not.

5. Timin770

Timin770 Road Train Member

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    I think you'll be very happy with the strykers. Couple of small problems I've had with my 655 which is very similar to the 955:. If your receive volume becomes low sometimes you have to take off the connector on the volume control and clean it out. There is a YouTube video about this. Also the channel selector switch may feel a little bit vague and stryker offers a replacement that is a little more clicky. Minor issues

stuckinthemud and Dave_in_AZ Thank this.
  6. Kilgore0237

Sep 5, 2021
    Awesome, I’ve used a Connex 3300HP for the last month that was in the truck. I’ve really got hooked and after talking to a few guys they suggested a Stryker, YouTube has been a huge help checking out the features. I will have to look up that video and thanks for the advice on the channel selector.
    What type of antenna setup are you running?

Timin770 Thanks this.
  7. Timin770

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    I simply use a single Skipshooter. Excellent results. Go as tall as you dare

Diesel Dave Thanks this.
  8. jessejamesdallas

jessejamesdallas Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Gave you some "friendly advice"............"Horse go's before the cart"....asking "after-the-fact" is pointless...

Now if you had made a post saying something like, " what would be a good site to order a certain cb radio from?" or "Is Walcott a reputable site to deal with?" then you would get more answers as to what you wanted to hear...Being "New" to ordering products on-line is no excuse...

"Ordered online so I can return it?"............so if someone tells you "Walcott sux", you're going to box everything up, and send it back, just because someone said that company sux?.....I think at one time or another, just about every shop on the Internet has had someone say they sux...:biggrin::happy1:

9. Kilgore0237

Sep 5, 2021
    I’m sure at one point you didn’t know anything either and had to learn but clearly by your response, you wouldn’t think so, just been a dick all your life.
    Thanks for the “friendly advice”.

10. Timin770

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    Jesse. Good Christ. Enough with the Dr Phil advice. People come here to discuss CB, not Dear Abby

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    black_dog106 Thanks this.
  11. Kilgore0237

Sep 5, 2021
    Awesome, I’m excited to get everything set up. Do you got any advice for a newbie? Im running local within 100 mile radius, in and out of mills so there are a lot of chip wagons and log trucks.
    Do you like running the roger beep or echo setting?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.