WALKING FLOOR = AMAZING. Why don't more food companies utilize this?

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Russian Rabbit, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Weight and cost are two drawbacks that megas would never put up with.......

I pulled one for several years hauling processed bark mulch to landscaping retail yards .....

It’s amazing how many young women work with plants..... it was a enjoyable gig.

Only bad side is their was no money in it. I even tried back hauling palletized freight so I was loaded both ways......

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Deere hunter

Deere hunter Road Train Member

Aug 5, 2017
    Shallowater Texas
    Where I’m from they beat the rate down so bad it’s not worth owning, everybody’s hauling commodities for hopper rates now even with a walking floor!

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  4. Deere hunter

Aug 5, 2017
    Shallowater Texas
    Don’t give me wrong there’s guys still making money but they are trading commodities and subsidizing using their own trucks to haul!

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  5. Cat sdp

Cat sdp . .

Apr 8, 2012
    Orion's Belt
    Yup , unless your buying and selling what your hauling there’s no money in it.....

And trash forget it........

Mike2633 Thanks this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I like to see wrapped pallets of food products costing thousands of dollars splatter on the pavement below. Im not going to stand under them and play catch, repeat until pulpy. No siree.

7. ChaoSS

ChaoSS Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2014
    For food service? What's the point? For less wait and faster times you use a pallet jack. I'll stick with my ramp and 2 wheeler though, thank you.

Texas_hwy_287, Cardfan89 and x1Heavy Thank this.
  8. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    How do they even get people to load DDGs and meal in hoppers? I won't touch them unless it's pellets, not worth the headache trying to unload them, brokers don't like it when you tell them something isn't a hopper bottom commodity.

Deere hunter Thanks this.
  9. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Those floors hold up to forklift traffic?

10. Deere hunter

Aug 5, 2017
    Shallowater Texas
    Yes very well!

11. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    I know of one for certain that didn't. :mad: It might have just been a hot-rod lift driver putting too much side load on the floor with the pallets. He also caught the floor in several places with his forks,
    It was mashed and munched in enough places that the insurance company totalled it. It was an old trailer but it still hurt to lose it. We bought it back, junked the floor, and parted the rest of the trailer out.
    I was out of town the day it happened so all I have is hearsay evidence of how it happened. The shipper blamed the customer and the customer blamed the shipper. Pallets of roofing shingles, very heavy. The pallets went clear to the doors so the driver never noticed anything when he picked the trailer up.
    We have two others and we don't haul palletized loads anymore, just wood chips, hog-wood, bark, and shavings.

MACK E-6, Lonesome and Deere hunter Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.