Wall Of Shame Is Getting Bigger

Discussion in 'Other News' started by mjd4277, Jul 28, 2020.

1. buzzarddriver

buzzarddriver Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2011
    Dallas, TX
    But then you are supposed to keep laying on the horn, all the while the guy is trying to back up, to draw everyone's attention to it. And holler obscenities at him/her over the CB. And flash your headlites constantly, too.

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas

Yep. Thats what I woulda done. And then after I got up the road about 50 miles I’d stop beating myself up over the embarrassment of it and forget about it.
    Video maker was a bit of a jerk by continuing to push forward instead of safely holding back and giving some room. Easy mistake on that kind of intersection. I think thats why they purposely make the curbs low.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 2, 2020
    Reason for edit: Fixed quote
    D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  4. Aamcotrans

Aamcotrans Road Train Member

May 24, 2016
    Strasburg, Va
    Neither have I, but I am man enough to know I will make some mistake at some point in my life that will make a small person like yourself climb atop a soap box.

5. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    Here is an intersection right off of I-35 in Schertz-Cibolo Tx. On the way to the Hanson concrete and brick plants that you have to turn left in the oncoming lane to make the turn if coming south to east- northeast. Or you will ditch the steers to the right and rip down a yield and stop sign in the middle island with the trailer. You approach with caution and everyone gets along.
    81D2EB2D-CB0B-4550-838B-EBF7B2FA1B9A.png

6. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Oh FFS,this is BASIC STUFF they taught in Drivers Ed when people are first issued a license-CDL or otherwise!!
    The driver is LUCKY he didn’t have a head-on collision with the 4 wheeler that had the dash cam-that would’ve been a lawsuit(and possibly the end of that driver’s career). Not even Swift drivers are involved in head-ons or close calls like this. Near misses like this are one of the reasons why companies have to deal with CSA now.
    Get out and get the big picture!!!
    (and yes,I actually get out of the truck to look at particular intersections to determine if the truck can safely make a turn).

This has nothing to do with admitting mistakes or soapboxes!!!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.