Walmart holding my trailer untouched

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Mikaela16, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Mikaela16

Mikaela16 Bobtail Member

Oct 21, 2017
    Dropping off my trailer last Friday, I was told to come pick it up 48 hours later. Now it’s been a week, the trailer still sitting there, untouched. Anyone had the same problem? What should I do now? I mean should I get a lawyer, because the broker doesn’t know what is going on!
    Thanks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. S M D

S M D Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2012
    sacramento ca
    What? Lol did you open the doors when backing it in? I would have gotten my trailer thay same day!!

Grubby and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  4. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I'm willing to bet Walmart is using that trailer for storage... And knowing it's only you that owns it A probably figure that you don't have the money to come after them for it..

5. RaRa

RaRa Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2018
    Come after them for it? Can't he just tell the shippingananger he is there to pick his trailer up, get the #### out now or it's coming with me.

Swiss Mountain Dog and Grubby Thank this.
  6. Midwest Trucker

Midwest Trucker Road Train Member

Aug 31, 2018
    Next time get trailer detention terms added to the rate con. You can’t trust anyone. Nobody cares.

Your gonna have to get triple ####ty with the broker and also start calling the Walmart repeatedly.

Ask for the people who are in charge.

Worst case call the popo lol

Mattflat362 and Grubby Thank this.
  7. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Don't bother with getting a lawyer. Just go in there and pick it up and take it away. This is way beyond what you agreed to. Bring appropriate tools to remove your icc bumper if needed, if they have it hooked to the door.
    Don't worry about the threats that will follow. You don't want to do business with people like this anyway. Find better customers. Or tell them they can pay up front next time, some amount high enough to cover the freight, as well as the price of another new trailer, that should cover it. Tell them to keep the trailer as long as they like at that point. Because this is a losing battle. Keep this crap up and you will be another failure of the industry.

8. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Did you go into the place and try to pick it up or did you just look through the fence and assumed they haven't done a thing to it?

Slowpoke KW, x1Heavy and Grubby Thank this.
  9. jcrack08

jcrack08 Light Load Member

Mar 4, 2014
    As a one truck and trailer guy, the only time I will disengage from that trailer is at a live unload with me watching the #### thing. That's my livelihood and any broker posting with "drop for 48 hrs" etc I just move on. They hardly ever pay enough for that anyway, and as in this case, too many variables involved.

10. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Ain't that the truth. Got one guy always looking for people to do loads for one large buyer close to me... deal is always drop for 48-72. Beyond that, the pay is $30 per day if they need the trailer longer than 72. To a maximum of 10 days ($300). No wonder nobody will move it. Even the new canadians aren't dumb enough to chase that (I wish they were).

11. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    Charge Walmart for storage at daily rate or per pallet.
    Tell broker this.

x1Heavy and Grubby Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.