Walmart holding my trailer untouched

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Mikaela16, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Why did you wait a week.
    Would have been back monday morning bright and early wanting my trailer to move on to the next load.
    If it was not ready, the next words would have been, Ok, so my rate for waiting is $125.00 an hour, starting at what ever time you arrived at the location to get trailer.
    Next call broker and don't ask, tell them what is going on and that your rate for waiting is, and that they need to send you a conformation of this.

Mikaela16, RaRa, x1Heavy and 1 other person Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. whoopNride

whoopNride Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Miss.
    It is insane. And I guess there are people willing to do it.

The big retailers are the ones wanting to use your trailer for warehouse space during their busy season.

I had one of those geniuses at Coyote call me. Wanted me to take a load and drop my trailer at the receiver for up to 72 hrs. Cheap Rate and offered to pay $30 a day for trailer detention. That is nuts!

4. Roberts450

Roberts450 Road Train Member

Feb 6, 2016
    Hahaha $30 a day for storage. Our company charges our customers $500 a day for storage when product sits on the trailers.

Paddlewagon Thanks this.
  5. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    Well I had this issue with a broker and Miejers.

A driver was to do a live unload at Miejer's DC per the confirmation by the broker but when he got there, he was told to drop it in the yard and leave. He asked about picking it up and they just ignored him.

He called the broker and told her what was going on and she said let her deal with it, she called back said pick it up in a couple days - that would have put him picking it up on a Thursday. He said it is $150 a day for the trailer and $300 a day for the truck, she said no ****** way would they pay that and told him too bad, so he called me.

I asked him if he is on site, he said he was, I told him hook the trailer back up to the truck and wait for my call.

I called the broker and told her that the agreement was a live unload and she gave me the same bs about the customer changing it and all of that so I said, it is $250 a day for the trailer and $450 a day for the truck.

Then she said it was $150/$300 a day and I said ***** no, when I get called the price goes up. I told her the trailer is already hook back onto the truck so it is her call what she is going to do, pay for the renting of my equipment and driver or get Meijers to move unloading it.

She started to yell and scream so I waited for her to finish and I said I will pay my driver for this crap, I am having him haul it back to the shipper when I hang up and you won't get us or any other owner affiliated with us to haul any of your crap again, so get meijers to unload it or it goes back, and I will file on your bond for the total cost because it is a contract and you are in breech of it.

So an hour went by, I get an email from the broker that it will be a live unload, it was done fast, he was out of there in 90 minutes and I billed the broker for the original amount which got paid within 30 days.

see $35 a day is a joke, it prevents that trailer to be used to make $300 a day.

6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I hope this is not the Miejers in Detroit. South of there anyhow. Ive a few loads in there, some went really well and others really badly. They remembered me too. (Not good.)

Im sorry that the brokers yell. If yelling is a job skill for that line of work, get me one of them. I'll do the yelling. (Not to you sir...) but it's unnecessary if you ask me. Business is business. Pay the man.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.