Walmart I found to be the BEST

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by arni, Aug 30, 2021.

1. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    can you smoke in a Walmart truck? Always wondered.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 88228822

88228822 Heavy Load Member

Sep 26, 2018
    Fair enough

4. stepdeck85

stepdeck85 Bobtail Member

Feb 29, 2016
    There is no driver facing camera that is turned on. The phone policy got change to unlimited but no text

Lowlite and Mike528 Thank this.
  5. arni

arni Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Well if you read my review I worked for all those companies and now I work fo Walmart. So I can compare all these companies to Walmart. Wally is not for everybody, I am still getting use to the corporate structure. you must remember Walmart is a retailer with their OWN transportation division.

Bumper, Lonesome and Mike528 Thank this.
  6. arni

arni Light Load Member

Dec 8, 2010
    they do have smoking trucks but they might be phasing that out.

Bumper and LoneRanger Thank this.
  7. Six9GS

Six9GS Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Yuma, AZ
    Well, when all you had to say about Swift was bad trainers and low pay I was alittle disappointed. My experience with them had been good. I had a great trainer and although I might be able to get better pay elsewhere, I could get lower pay too (Now get 54cpm). Swift has treated me well and I continue to enjoy driving for them.
    But, I did only skim over your post and missed your point about having worked for them. So, I concede your point and apologize. That said, something seems amiss that you worked for all these companies. That's alot of job hopping. Anyway, glad you found a 'home' at Walmart. Hope you continue to be happy with them!

Lonesome Thanks this.
  8. Plsdontflip

Plsdontflip Light Load Member

Oct 10, 2021
    Well as a noob I do appreciate the list. But I always heard stay away from walmart from my veteran friends. Same for UPS and Amazon

9. BDT6472

BDT6472 Bobtail Member

Aug 18, 2021
    My concern was the previous driver being a slob, or worse, a smoker. I keep the inside of my truck very clean.

10. Slim one

Slim one Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2013
    Is that true that every driver has to go to their HQ at Bentonville, AR for orientation and onboarding?
    What is so special in Walmart so driver has to drive and live in a truck for a week with his mentor??? Is that what they call "respect"?

alds Thanks this.
  11. BM 58

BM 58 Heavy Load Member

Jun 25, 2019
    Whether you sign on with Walmart or another mega turd carrier just about all will require you to go out with another driver for at least a week. Most Walmart DC's will have you or the trainer in a hotel room each night you are on the road with them.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.