walmart is the best driving job i've ever had

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by montanamel, May 18, 2009.

1. montanamel

montanamel Bobtail Member

May 18, 2009
    montana
    If you want to get paid well and treated with respect apply for a walmart fleet driving position. Most hire infrequenty as there is little turnover, but persistance will pay off if you have a safe driving record and experience, with little job hopping. They treat you like the professional you are, and are always looking for ways to improve fleet safety and efficiency as well as driver satisfaction.

Marky84, luni, CMate and 10 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dirtyoldman

dirtyoldman Light Load Member

Dec 30, 2007
    None of your business
    good to be a walmart driver?? Happy for you.

But they caused me so much hassle in a few occasions that I would never deal with them again.

K

4. briguy58

briguy58 Bobtail Member

Apr 14, 2009
    adelanto, ca
    sounds good, but Im curious about the pay and benefits. Any info you can provide would be appreciated.

5. montanamel

May 18, 2009
    montana
    all I can say is the pay is excellent, more than you probably expect, and the benefits are probably average with good medical, dental and vision. rx is $4 for generics, you can see your own drs

6. jlkklj777

jlkklj777 20 Year Truckload Veteran

Oct 1, 2007
    Duncannon, Pa

Feel free to post the actual pay scale, benefits, equipment details, average home time, time spent on the road, weekly mileage, etc . Little is posted about Wal-mart and your inside info would be welcome.

jldilley, botoler and luni Thank this.
  7. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    There is a member by Kentucky who posted about the pay and everything. However, your insight would be very helpful.

KH

8. montanamel

May 18, 2009
    montana
    I feel the benefits are probably standard with most large companies, good medical, dental and vision. 401k, life and add. Average home time is 2 days a week, but you can go home at night if you're close to home. I work a week on/off position and love it. They have all kinds of different programs, 6 on 3 off which gives you the option of having weekends off once a month, and even full time 6 mos. then week on/off the other 6 mos. Assigned tractors, mostly International or Freightshaker. They have a rider program for spouses and children that are school age, no pets though. Mileage is dependent on the area of country you are located in. More miles out west, than the south.

9. jlkklj777

jlkklj777 20 Year Truckload Veteran

Oct 1, 2007
    Duncannon, Pa
    What is the pay scale? .40 cpm? .45 cpm? .50 cpm? Higher?

Who is the medical insurance through? How much is the driver required to pay per week? Single coverage rates? Family coverage rates?

How about Bonuses?

Governed speed on trucks?

Idling policy?

Rider policy? etc.

There is much more you could offer to the forum members.

By the way, I am not trying to bust your balls. I just would like some specifics. The more info you offer the better for anyone considering Wal-Mart as a company to apply for.

..................................................................................................

To Kinghunter,

Thank you. I have already read the thread by kentucky24 (a former Wal-mart employee that is now working for Superior Tank Lines) and he did a very good job of breaking everything down and comparing one company to another. Perhaps one of the best threads I have read in regard to detail.

I do agree that having another drivers perspective and input can give the rest of us a better look inside as well as validate kentucky 24's posts.

10. montanamel

May 18, 2009
    montana
    yes, bonuses are given for no tickets/accidents each year. The trucks are governed at 65mph, and the fleet utilizes APU's for no idle comfort. Rider policy is as stated in previous thread, and you have a choice of ins. co. to choose from, all with reasonable bi-weekly pay deductions. I'm sorry to avoid the pay question, but I can tell you we get paid for everything we do from drop and hooks, layover, breakdown, wait time, accident, multi-stop, single stop, vacation, meetings, DOT physicals, random drug tests, everything. If you enjoy working for a company that treats you with respect, values your opinion, doesn't hassle you if you need time off, has good equipment, 100% NO touch freight, this is the company for you. We have virtually no turnover, and continue to thrive in slow economic times

jldilley and cchardel Thank this.
  11. montanamel

May 18, 2009
    montana
    Also, I can tell you we are paid actual HUB miles, not Household Goods miles or any of the like.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.