walmart is the best driving job i've ever had

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by montanamel, May 18, 2009.

1. FriedTater

FriedTater Keeper of The Snakes

Mar 25, 2009
    United State of Texas
    Theres another little dirty secret about WalMart,find a WalMart Driver thats under 40 years of age since 1999/2K. . . . . . . . :biggrin_25510:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Elusive

Elusive Light Load Member

Jan 22, 2007
    MI
    I never know how terrible the pay at covenant was. That's horrendous :biggrin_2551:

4. Rocks

Rocks Road Train Member

Jan 13, 2008
    Somewhere
    One other interesting thing, I've never seen a female Walmart driver.... why is that? I wonder.... just curiosty (BTW, I am a female).

warrior81 Thanks this.
  5. ziggystyles

ziggystyles Road Train Member

Well the age thing isn't a problem to me. They can hire who they want. If you pay attention to their drivers, you will see that yeah...they have older, more experienced drivers. But then again, their requirements are fairly high. If they start hiring 21 year olds....or people with only a few years driving experience, their accidents will probably go through the roof.

As far as the ladies....good point...I've never seen a gal driving for Wal Mart.

6. Mastertech

Mastertech Staff Leader / Admin Staff Member Administrator

Dec 28, 2007
    3rd Rock From The Sun.
    I know for a fact there is at least one female driving for WalMart.

7. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    My wife used to be a receiving manager at wal-mart. She said there are female drivers. From what I hear it is hard to get on there. They want good drivers and nothing against the newbies, but seasoning comes with time.

8. ordinaryguy

ordinaryguy Light Load Member

Dec 16, 2007
    Indianapolis, IN
    i seem to remember their experience needed is 3 years or 250,000 miles, accident/ticket free...and no there doesnt look to be anyone under the age of 40 driving for walmart...you do get paid for everything, you even get paid to sleep i think...their interview process is very lengthy so ive heard...

9. Texas-Nana

Texas-Nana Princess Drives-a-Lot

Apr 23, 2008
    Nana's empty nest
    My brother worked for WM as a driver for over 15 years. He was a 7 day on 7 day off man. He liked it but after driving for 30 years he quit and opened a chrome shop in TX. Now he's sold it and fishes all day.

Sorry I digressed. I'll try and remember to ask him what he was making. I know he wants me to go to work for them but said I needed 3 years experience.

10. FriedTater

FriedTater Keeper of The Snakes

Mar 25, 2009
    United State of Texas
    Back in the day when "Sam" was running the show a WalMart Driver with 20 years service could retire with a liquid net worth of "one million"(401k,stock etc)
    Since the "Kid" took over and modernized WalMart to modern Corporate standards the scales were tipped in favor of WalMart. Sam's efforts were eliminated as the new Sheriff moved WalMart into retail history.

They have found loop holes in the workforce standards against race,age,religion etc.
    Hiring Drivers at or above the age of 46 allows WalMart to dodge the 20 year retirement pension.This was started in the late 90's and discussed by many in the loop. Frequenting the DC's afforded relationships with
    much of the staff including Drivers,many of which were nearing their 20 year mark and struggling with the offered early out options presented from Bentonville.
    The ones that contested it were terminated thru a slow process.(Palestine Tx)

WalMart is a Corporate Monster !(dont let the Roll Back Prices Fool Ya!)

Yes,today WalMart is one of the Best Of The Best in transportation employment.I'm not jealous or envious towards them,I live a different life based on different moral teaching and life experience(s).
    More power to them,its just not for everybody.

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  11. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    I've seen only guy who was under 40 and I think he had 5yrs out of the Brooksville DC.

KH

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.