Walmart penalizing for early delivery?

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by CallMeTawanda, Jul 18, 2017.

1. CallMeTawanda

CallMeTawanda Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2016
    Bremerton, WA
    anybody about Walmart now penalizing trucks that deliver early? Read an article about how they are rollers by out some new program where they can fine the trucking company 3% of the total value of the load? What do you guys think?

NavigatorWife Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tb0n3

Tb0n3 Road Train Member

Oct 5, 2012
    Earth
    Shippers. They're charging shippers that don't comply with their warehouse scheduling. Like making a doctor's appointment and then showing up 5 hours early expecting to be seen immediately.

Pumpkin Oval Head and Bean Jr. Thank this.
  4. Wallyjr

Wallyjr Light Load Member

Mar 27, 2017
    Ok everybody knows wal mart won't let you on property and will turn you around at gate if more than an hour early for your appointment!!!!! Been that way forever!!!!

Freddy57, Soltaker, piston865 and 4 others Thank this.
  5. CallMeTawanda

Nov 13, 2016
    Bremerton, WA
    Okay okay. Just wanted to see what people thought. I still don't like Walmart. Lol

alds and Upinsmoke Thank this.
  6. Wallyjr

Wallyjr Light Load Member

Mar 27, 2017
    Yeah especially when it takes 4 hours to unload

Capacity, alds, Upinsmoke and 2 others Thank this.
  7. 28

28 Medium Load Member

Sep 17, 2015
    At Poly we are NOT to deliver or show up early ....I am told there's a penalty

its all about control of the inbound / outbound freight

8. CallMeTawanda

Nov 13, 2016
    Bremerton, WA
    You would think with as big as they are they can hire enough people and figure out a fast and efficient way to load/unload their freight without having to punish drivers.

RockinChair Thanks this.
  9. Puppuller 57

Puppuller 57 Light Load Member

Mar 1, 2015
    That's because all that matters at Wal-Mart is profit. Nothing else! Companies pay Wal-Mart to unload Wal-Mart's freight.What a deal.

Chewey2 Thanks this.
  10. sealevel

sealevel Road Train Member

May 31, 2012
    U.S. 41
    Why should they accept early or late? If I ordered a truck I would expect it as ordered. I don't understand the problem here.

11. CallMeTawanda

Nov 13, 2016
    Bremerton, WA
    Late I understand not being good, but if I get there a couple hours early and they turn me away, that's money coming out of my pocket, so no it's not okay. If they can't handle some early deliveries that should be on them. I'm not saying accept freight days early..but cut us some slack, a few hours isn't a big deal, especially if we have someplace to be and the dispatcher didn't give us enough time to get from the 90 to the 01. They should work with us, not against us. They wouldn't have a business without us.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.