Walmart penalizing for early delivery?

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by CallMeTawanda, Jul 18, 2017.

1. 48Packard

48Packard Ol' Two-stop Shag!

Apr 19, 2009
    Could be anywhere
    One long-time IC at Schneider (9 years) just had his lease terminated because he delivered to WM early. Now whether this was his first offense I can't say. But the delivery windows have tightened.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Oh how i dont miss delivering to Wal-Mart anymore..

12 ga and alds Thank this.
  4. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Schneider never ceases to show what a panty-waste company it is.

alds Thanks this.
  5. Joeziah

Joeziah Light Load Member

Jan 2, 2016
    Prime gets fined $500 bucks if you show up early to a WalMart.
    Of course, Prime only charges them $15 an hour when they hold me there for 10 hours. HMMMMMM.

alds Thanks this.
  6. flatbeb mac

flatbeb mac Medium Load Member

Aug 16, 2015
    No, Prime only pays you $15 an hour. It's likely a 75/25, so Prime is getting $45 an hour.

alds, WildTiger1990 and Joeziah Thank this.
  7. volvo244t

volvo244t Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Bettendorf, IA
    When they order the product three full days before they want it, it's ready two full days before they want it, with an appointment time on the pickup, and an appointment time on the delivery, and the load is 600 miles... yes, they *are* costing me money. I could be running, instead I'm losing a day, forced to provide free product storage service for a huge multinational. Maybe they should consider ordering the product closer to when they want it, rather than expecting our trucks to be their temporary storage facilities? Just a thought. Also, see below.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That must be why Walmart's CEO is compensated EIGHT FIGURES per year, right!?!? AM I RIGHT GUYS!?!?!?!????

And that's precisely why I refuse to defend Walmart and their cost-cutting JIT appointment model instituted at OUR expense.

alds, drvrtech77 and nax Thank this.
  8. ZVar

ZVar Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Flint, MI
    Or you could follow the schedule you agreed to when you accepted the rate sheet. If you cannot manage to make money on the load ask for more money. Once the broker stops laughing, politely decline in favor of a load that makes you money. It's not rocket science folks.

alds, magoo68, sealevel and 1 other person Thank this.
  9. volvo244t

volvo244t Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Bettendorf, IA
    If I was an owner op, it wouldn't be an issue, I obviously wouldn't take such loads. I am a forced-dispatch company driver for the foreseeable future.

With the current company it's not an issue. With Crete it was a frequent issue at various customers, part of why I left.

Knucklehead Thanks this.
  10. Blue Nomad

Blue Nomad Bobtail Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Grocery DC's time starts when you check in at the office. You could be early to the gate and still be considered late if you do not check into the office on time.

11. Blue Nomad

Blue Nomad Bobtail Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Walmart is not imposing that penalty-your carrier or the vendor is. Walmart will charge the carrier or vendor a $500 fee if you want Walmart to change your appointment to an earlier time in the computer, not if your simply early. It is Walmart policy not to accept any loads more than 48 hours early unless its a cross dock load or the carrier/vendor paying the $500 change of appointment fee.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.