Wanna be OTR Hazmat/ Tanker driver...

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by Vision, May 13, 2022.

1. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia
    A post? Why stop there? I think we should go for a whole sub-forum...just on that topic. :p :rolleyes: o_O

--Lual

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JrzyDave

JrzyDave Bobtail Member

Oct 6, 2012

Would you mind "expounding" on that a little? Only because I have been seriously thinking of going there. All the stuff I've read is they have like the best super duper bulk/tanker training in the industry....lol I would really like to avoid a huge mistake if possible. TIA

4. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    We have had guys on here that were trained by Schneider bulk and yes their pay is low. but they have stuck it out,kept their noses clean and moved on to greener pastures due the the experience they got from the big Orange. @meechyaboy for one.
    So just like Swift and some of the other so-called bottom feeders, it can be just what you make it.

5. meechyaboy

meechyaboy Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2018
    Detroit, Michigan
    Well… I have a entire years worth of a thread called the rookie if you want to do some deep diving… In short the training is awesome, I felt really prepared to deal with whatever came my way after leaving Schneider training…when you get out on your own it’s game that must be learned.. from how to deal with shippers/recievers , and how to communicate with dispatch for your next load, to communicating with maintenance to make sure your not riding raggedy down the road. They’re so minimalistic about their maintenance that it’s crazy..had huge chunks missing out my drives they told me it had to be across 4 grooves, found out they have tire banks that changes tires regardless.. at the end of that year (2019) I knew all of their tricks and games.. (Get to keasby on a Friday… you’re not going home or getting a preassignment til Monday morn)That year I made 32k< it was terrible but because of that I can do what I do now..2020 I made 83k local hauling fuel full pandemic last year was 105 this year is on track for 115+ .. Schneider is a great place to begin and the jobs are out there in abundance… take your time your first year… ask every question.. everybody here has been through it and can offer perspective.. so it is what you make of it..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.