Want to avoid getting burned by a lease-purchase agreement?

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by rookietrucker, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Wickedfire77

Wickedfire77 Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    As a purchaser, you have choices in where repairs are done. The lease might restrict him to specific terminals.
    Dont repair it where you get it financed.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. timjohnson

timjohnson Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2014
    So everyone tell me something please why do we all just complain about what is wrong and do nothing about it? We have some thing that every trucking company needs to move the freight. That is us they have not come up with a way to move the trucks yet with out a driver, I know that might be right around the corner but for now they still need a driver. I think we would all agree most companies have made the freight or the truck worth more than the driver. So lets put value back into the driver. I have a question, what if their was a company that was working for the driver owned by the driver. Ho ya they call that an owner operator but they are only one. But bring all of them together and you have just made a company which is all companies have done. I guess what my question is for everyone is why do we believe in a company and not in each other. Why do we believe in a CEO or others in those types of positions, we chose to go to work every day for the man, instead of becoming the man.

I know money, credit, you can name the list of reasons. just a little food for thought what if 1500 drivers came together, put into a pot of 500 dollars a piece how much credit would that buy. its funny we buy stocks in the stock market very day people do and look at how much money has been lost. Take a look at the banking industry how do they come up with the money to loan you for a car or tuck or your business. Well the last I checked they use your money when you put it in their bank.
    I listen the company is not out for us. What have we learned in our history about companies for the most part they at some point shut down the doors move to another country or get taken out by someone even bigger either way people for the most part are losing jobs their savings, homes, cars, and even in some cases destroys families.
    I see an opportunity in the trucking industry to change America back to more of the land of the free and opportunity, buy all of us coming together. How would your credit be if you were making 3000000 a year virs. 35000 a year. Its their in the trucking industry, their is billions of dollars a year to be made and we only get a small amount. I am sure I haven't said anything you all don't know or understand. You are probably thinking da buddy. So tell me why we all don't come together and invest in our self's instead of investing in some company who doesn't care about you or your family. I know we all blow over 500 dollars a year on nothing. So what kind of (collateral (kɒˈlætərəl, kə-) —n: 1. a. security pledged for the repayment of a loan) 1500 times 500 = 750000. walk into pack lease or one of those places and see how fast they talk to you just see how many trucks you all could lease. then take those trucks times how ever many loads a week and take out so much for the company and see how much you have, to rent more trucks. Now if you all are not too greedy. I have a lot more that goes with the Idea so what do you all think?

HanktheTank Thanks this.
  4. Wickedfire77

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    Sounds like a dream. I fear that those in charge would be corrupted by the power.

5. Arkansas Frost

Arkansas Frost Heavy Load Member

Aug 2, 2012
    North Little Rock, AR
    Problem one finding 1,499 people you don't mind hinging your future on. Those who could make this work will make something work regardless of the scenario. Those that won't will keep jumping from plan to plan looking for that one lucky break.

6. timjohnson

timjohnson Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2014
    Well good point. I will give you that but still doesn't explain why the turn over rate is so high in trucking. I have herd the stories, I am sure like your self. But under the current business plan that most trucking companies are working under it doesn't promote new trucking companies. Plus most drivers don't have a surplus of money to create this company by them self's even if they had all the skills. But the skills they do have can help them, in the type of company I am talking about. Every driver is a recruiter and sales man. What I mean by that is, every time we step into a shipping office, we can cause the company to get more work with that company or less work... Every driver is a recruiter, think about it every time we go into a truck stop just listen to the drivers talking about the company they drive for. I know the bad drivers are going to talk bad but still that is bad marketing for that company. All one has to do is read on line and you can find out the bad companies wright...

7. Swamprat55

Swamprat55 Light Load Member

Feb 16, 2014
    Pawtucket, Rhode Island
    If you really have a burning desire to be on your own. Save Your money, build your credit and purchase from a new truck dealer. Doing this frees you from major maintenance issues for a while and you're not relying on the lessor to give you the loads to pay the note. Your income is up to you! For those who think they need to lease to live out of truck, you can do this as a company driver without all the added stress of having to make lease payments, maintenance, etc...

omarthebear Thanks this.
  8. Trudger

Trudger Light Load Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Honestly, from my own experience and others', here is the MAIN reason for high driver turn over, and ONE word sums it all up as far as my two cents are worth. DISPATCHERS. Or call them DM's whatever.

-EAGLEMAN Thanks this.
  9. -EAGLEMAN

-EAGLEMAN Bobtail Member

Apr 12, 2014
    Augusta, Georgia
    Just my 2 cents is its easy if you are blessed with money and good credit to say save up and put down on a truck but when you credit is not that good and your not well off financially you have no othe option I had 6 grand from income tax and even with a 600 credit score nobody would give me a truck every dealer wanted north of 8 grand and with the lackluster pay of company drivers it impossible to save ......

trucker91, chimbotano and BigJon310 Thank this.
  10. Wickedfire77

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    Dispatchers are the middle man. Your real adversary is the load planners who give the loads to your dispatcher. It's a double whammy.

11. 2014sd

2014sd Bobtail Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Thanks for these post. Is really helpful

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.