Want to buy Pete 379ex but not sure if good truck?!

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by missjhawk, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Ridgeline

Ridgeline Road Train Member

Dec 18, 2011
    Michigan
    yeah and some of it is a little wrong.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Im sorry you are going to pay too much for that gem.

I like the truck but there are problems with the thing, but against the overall rig itself as it sits it's going to cost me a few thousand dollars to rectify some of those problems.

If you do your maf over 45 months it's going to cost you 75000 give or take a little bit.

That's twice what Ive taken trucks just like that across the auction block in Little Rock on truck sale days, two of which were really good enough for me to buy myself on the spot and I rarely want to buy something. Those two sold for roughly 32K and 30K each. They are very close to this one. Differences in sleeper and other fittings are essentially cosmetic.

I dont know nothing about that 475 to be honest with you. I would want either a 600 CAT or a 515 minimum detriot in that. Call me a silver spoon on a beer budget but in the midwest power means less work over all those little hills.

Sometimes you take the risk of spending too much for a pretty doll. Its the sellor who should be so lucky having bought that thing for 25 something at most.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.