Want to start trucker support business

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Evelyn1505, Nov 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evelyn1505

Evelyn1505 Bobtail Member

Nov 26, 2021
    I will be making a design post soon with the first product. I take all truckers consideration this is for YOU. I’ve been out there for weeks on end and seen first hand the treatment from Pilot,Loves and different locations and I’ve had enough. I enjoy casual but sophisticated look. Just because we are on the road doesn’t mean we can’t look and feel “clean and fresh”

Pamela1990 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. NYStarcar

NYStarcar Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2020
    In a van down by the river
    It's about coming to work prepared for the job you are doing. I don't know why you're Giving a lecture on diversity when we are talking about being professional when it comes to osha standards and dealing with shippers and receivers.

ProfessionalNoticer Thanks this.
  4. TNSquire

TNSquire Medium Load Member

Oct 13, 2016
    Decatur, TN

Unfortunately, these days, due to liability reasons and sheer volume of crazy people, no way would I pick anyone up if I didn't know them.
    All too often we hear of someone getting raped,killed, and the like because they tried to be kind to others.
    Kindness is wonderful, and I do endeavor to help whom I'm able to.
    But, I have a family, and have to ensure their well being first and foremost.
    That means keeping me safe and productive.

5. Oscar the KW

Oscar the KW Going Tarpless

May 19, 2011
    39FDB6AC-9377-4871-BD72-9FC733F4D1CC.jpeg
    Yogo pants are pretty nice if worn by the right individual. All to often I see ladies wearing them that should be wearing a table cloth instead.

6. Evelyn1505

Evelyn1505 Bobtail Member

Nov 26, 2021
    That is inappropriate especially as truck driver surrounded by men.. and completely unprofessional when we constantly deal with shippers and customers

TexasKGB and NYStarcar Thank this.
  7. loudtom

loudtom Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2016
    "Truckers are just as useless as everybody else."
    "If you ate today, thank the cook that fed the truck driver that brought your food."
    "Without shirt makers, truckers wouldn't have clothes."

I'd much rather see a shirt that doesn't encourage entitlement.

8. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    this isn’t a professional setting. I’m sure majority of us are professional in a professional setting but being offended by a comment on a public forum shouldn’t bother you.

9. RunningAces

RunningAces Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2017
    Lemonade stand at every truckstop. As a business owner I've learned the value of keeping costs low. A big part of this business will be showing up early to collect the free Lemonade every morning from the parking lot. Another bonus is since diabetes runs so rampant in our industry you know we will have an edge on having a product with a little sugar already added!

Sorry everybody.

10. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    To be honest, I hate awareness groups. It’s almost 2022. Everyone has the internet. You are aware of what you want to be aware of. One can’t force people to respect what they don’t want to respect…..this is how I view what is behind “awareness” campaigns of any kind. Its a great theory but people don't give a crap about who brings there stuff, they just want it there for them. They are aware of truckers. A t shirt isn't going to change anything. People just don’t care. Furthermore, truckers need to respect the profession and the people around them before the people will even give a second of thought about them. Its not just a few bad apples. Its a few good apples in an orchard of rotten crap.

I feel the same about all the wasted money on all the medical awareness groups and those stupid ribbons. Pretty sure we are all aware of breast cancer. Spend the time and money where it actually helps those with the disease. It may do some good but its a waste in my opinion. Its for the people who participate to say “look at me, I care”. No you don't….go spend time volunteering in a cancer ward. Go help someone with home duties that is weak from chemo. Walking around a track in your yoga pants posting to social media is self serving garbage.

Sorry for the rant This is just one example that irks me. And its a little of topic. But its how i feel about “awareness”.

11. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    There are many t shirts and stickers out there supporting this very subject. Its been done before.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.