Want to start trucker support business

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Evelyn1505, Nov 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    I appreciate what you're trying to say, OP, but.......

Trucking is my job.

I truck to support my family.

My family supports me.

I could give a rat's ### less whether the public supports me or not.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Evelyn1505

Evelyn1505 Bobtail Member

Nov 26, 2021
    Not the trucker who posted but the women truckers who do wear them

4. Batman13

Batman13 Light Load Member

May 20, 2020
    I agree 100%!! As a wife and daughter of a trucker..all the steering wheel holders just give all the real truck drivers a bad rap..its a hard job with people like brokers giving us O/O s.h.i.t pay cause they're greedy keeping half and sometimes more than half of what a load really is! Brokers are giving low rates and the drivers are accepting them and working like dogs for scraps! Realistly itll never end and thats sad! When we are the ones taking the risk and doing all the work! Having to deal with people who are horrible drivers and cause recks simply because they're ignorant or just plain stupid or for purpose of getting money out of us..its truly disgusting!! & because of those steering wheel holders people have no respect for drivers and everything they have to endure while being out on the road. They dont understand all of thing yall go thru while ouot on the road..only true drivers understand what it is like..without truckers nobody would have s.h.i.t! But yet they arent respected! Doing things Like LoneRanger posted would be great idea!

5. Batman13

Batman13 Light Load Member

May 20, 2020
    Thats how you can seperate the real truckers from the steering wheel holders!

6. Qbf594

Qbf594 Road Train Member

Aug 15, 2019
    Southern Canadian annex, NY
    Meh. I wear pretty much what I have on in my avatar. I'm comfortable and safe on my deck plus I usually have no concerns about getting run over by a forklift. If needed I can wear my hi vis, steel toes and hard hat etc. IMO my professionalism or lack is based on my conduct, not my clothing. Likewise someone wearing some prescribed style of boots and shirt but acting the fool or driving like a teenager gets zero respect from me.
    I give others respect quite easily. I can also rescind it just as easily.
    YMMV

homeskillet, MIT, REO6205 and 2 others Thank this.
  7. diesel guy454

diesel guy454 Medium Load Member

Oct 18, 2011
    salina ks
    You don't demand respect. It is earned. People that demand respect just because they drive a truck are one of the biggest problems in the industry.

8. Pamela1990

Pamela1990 Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2021
    B.C. Canada

Thank you so much for having common sense and wisdom. Judging others because of their clothing choice, seems outrageous to this gal. It's like bashing someone because they drive a different brand of truck, or trailer, maybe not the same tire type. It would be great if some people could mature past the high school mentality, and accept people for who they are. Some of the cave dwellers are still astonished to see fire. Carhartts and Caterpillar boots don't make anyone a better driver. One of our company drivers, on nice summer days, wears a Kilt, and sandals, reflecting his family's heritage. He has 36 accident free years trucking, always shows up to work on time, ready to go, will help anyone in need, and I love him, such a great man. He is also incredibly strong, good at turning wrenches, quick with a smile, beyond amazing to his wife and children, and has my full respect. I'm sure some Neanderthals would assume that he can't drive because he wears a Kilt and sandals occasionally, they would be WRONG!

I can drive just as good in a skirt, yoga pants, or shorts, as i can in jeans. Maybe better actually, since they are less restrictive. I don't haul vans to some terminal, so don't meet those weenies to be judged by them. So glad I got out of high school, and don't go to terminals with high school mentality idiots hanging around.

If you want respect, first you must give respect!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
    MIT and Qbf594 Thank this.
  9. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    my apologies I misread your statement.

10. LoneRanger

LoneRanger Road Train Member

Jun 3, 2018
    What a person wears does not make a trucker.

I’m an owner operator, my own numbers, equipment bought and paid for. I do my ow repairs most of the time. I can out drive 98% of the drivers without any lab created boosters. Took me about 5 hours to learn how to drive a truck.

I am what most would call a trucker. Yet looking at me jumping out of my truck you’ll think I’m a steering wheel holder.

Yet I open doors for people, say please and thank you, will help when I can and I do not explode in the bathrooms or throw piss bottles.

but I do on occasion wear flip flops.

We must first agree on the term of what a trucker is then we can have a debate on who is one.

Btw I’m not a super trucker nor do anything illegal. I have on occasion driven 2000 miles non stop in my personal vehicle. Because for some reason I can control when I need to sleep.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    Pamela1990 Thanks this.
  11. NYStarcar

NYStarcar Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2020
    In a van down by the river
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.