Wanting to ship my own vehicle

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by Flat Earth Trucker, Dec 26, 2022.

1. Flat Earth Trucker

Flat Earth Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2018
    Truck is not fixed yet. But she's home! Finally. I'll put her in the shop when I get home.

The Crossword Trucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. The Crossword Trucker

The Crossword Trucker Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Good to hear, let us know how it works out

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  4. Flat Earth Trucker

Nov 19, 2018
    I finally put the poor girl in the shop that put in this new engine. No new work has been done to the engine since I drove to Arizona where she broke down.

Having Black Betty hauled back to Oregon was a bit stressful.

While at Pep Boys, I and the service manager went around and around with the slippery warranty company. It's next to impossible to reach anyone by phone. Finally received a case number via email.

I warned my mechanic of the happy times he will be having when dealing with the warranty company.

Finally, I expect everything to go smoothly from here on out. I'm going to replace the racing clutch that some bonehead thought would be a good idea to install.

This time I bought a regular name brand clutch; Saks. Should have done some reading on clutches before having the racing clutch, but I didn't.

The Crossword Trucker Thanks this.
  5. The Crossword Trucker

Feb 21, 2015
    I hope you have your truck back soon. I have always wondered if those warranty places were crooks or not.
    I know what its like to be attached to older vehicles. Please let us know how it works out

Flat Earth Trucker Thanks this.
  6. Flat Earth Trucker

Nov 19, 2018
    Thank you for your interest. It's just a matter of time now that it's in the shop where it was worked on originally.

7. Flat Earth Trucker

Nov 19, 2018
    Black Betty has been in the shop for over a week now. Mechanic says the spark plugs were fouled, along with a couple other items I can't remember, in addition to the harmonic balancer needing to be replaced. Don't know how that happened, but those things do break.

Mechanic wanted me to order the new harmonic balancer so I gave that to him yesterday. Back to waiting.

8. The Crossword Trucker

Feb 21, 2015
    How did the world get so complicated? It used to be that if your car broke down , you got it fixed and you went about your business.
    I know your circumstances seem unique to you, but I hear stories like this all the #### time now. Why does every problem take weeks to fix in 2023? Its not just supply chains either. Things in general are slowly breaking down.
    It did not used to be the case that mechanic shops were backlogged for weeks either

Lite bug and Flat Earth Trucker Thank this.
  9. Flat Earth Trucker

Nov 19, 2018
    Well, without being political, it takes time to acquire parts. Mechanic wanted me to buy a harmonic balancer.

Yes, the world is breaking down.

10. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Manny, Moe, and Joe

Lite bug and Flat Earth Trucker Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.