Wanting to Start HotShot Trucking in 9 Months

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by ZachL18, Dec 23, 2020.

1. ZachL18

ZachL18 Bobtail Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Thanks for the info. I'm working with a delivery company right now driving a Ford f550 box truck. I have a family member in hot shot trucking but I won't work for family for the sole purpose of if something goes wrong I still see him all the time. Also I would like to know where I should start. Cuz I know I shouldn't buy a truck and trailer till I've gotten the paperwork filled out but where do I start with all of that stuff?
    Thanks,
    Zach

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    By getting an insurance quote.

4. ZachL18

ZachL18 Bobtail Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Alright and what are some good companies to contact for insurance? Then what should I do after that for legality things? Sorry I guess I'm just not finding any info on Google at all for this so I figured I'd ask the pros but I just seem to be pushing buttons with you guys.

5. stuckinthemud

stuckinthemud Medium Load Member

Oct 20, 2013
    You might try reading through this thread, I have not looked at the thread lately , but seems like there was some useful information.

So you want to hot-shot? (Will be updated/edited frequently)

Lite bug Thanks this.
  6. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    Look, this is harsh but if you don't have the sense to find the resources to start a business it's going to be a very difficult time for you. You don't just buy a truck and start making money.

7. SMK Shoe

SMK Shoe Bobtail Member

Aug 24, 2012
    I recommend that you get your CDL and get with a mega carrier flatbed company for a year or so. the experience will be worth it's weight in gold and lets you spend a year or so stacking money. And when you do decide to hotshot. Lease on with a company ( your own equipment), to let them do all the office stuff while you do the hotshot ting. Then once it becomes second nature you will be ready to take the plunge and run your own numbers.

WOT and Lite bug Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.