Warning to all truck stop showers and bacteria

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by crocky, Jun 3, 2018.

1. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    I had real bad psoriasis a few years ago, I had the blotches on my arms and legs and the soles of my feet and palms were peeling skin super bad.
    I thought it would kill me but my local doctor just gave me a shot and prescribed a pill pack or a pill book of something.
    It cleared right up, plus it was cheap.
    This spring I had a little outbreak on my right calf and I put “MG217 coal tar” from Walmart on it.

Brettj3876 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. driverdriver

driverdriver Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    It's not just pilot , I've seen at Petro and TA too.

4. Brettj3876

Brettj3876 Road Train Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Land of local
    That's good to know ill have to try some. Thankfully right now I don't have any bad spots. The skin steroid the Dr gives me works pretty good at clearing it up in 10-14 days

tucker Thanks this.
  5. Dreazz75

Dreazz75 Light Load Member

May 3, 2019
    Ewwww gotta be careful

6. Slowmover1

Slowmover1 Road Train Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Fort Worth
    Grandmas Lye Soap, or GRANDPAS Pine Tar Soap. (Both at Amazon). Used more than 15-years now. Nothing else. Soap and as shampoo (no, it’s not as good. So what?)

Both are better for your skin. No products with sodium lauryl sulfate. (Get a real short haircut. Like a man who works). No body wash, etc.

TAKE CARE OF YOUR SKIN.

I’ve been using Turbo Power Plus multivitamin sold at Love’s. Liquid. That took care of getting run down. I was surprised as had other regimen. I’ve used more than a year; bottle lasts a month. Weight better and now rarely grab a Red Bull. My son cracked up at its bad name. Now he asks me to pick it up for him.

Other than that I use the TS showers at 0300. Usually a lot cleaner than with a crowd waiting at 1900.

Lysol always a good idea. But it has to stand awhile first.

Take no chances near the border. 100-miles inland. Even the C store (as in don’t use it).

BB688523-C9F4-4105-A2A1-F7CE16C0B166.jpeg 77211DFE-6873-4E44-A9F2-F2EB2475542D.jpeg 1ED606CB-7451-4FF4-A342-559CAC4E282B.jpeg

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  7. Illbcnu

Illbcnu Bobtail Member

Jun 12, 2013
    If you googled elbow bursitis and your condition was diagnosed by a doctor as bursitis you would know that it’s highly unlikely (to the point of #### near impossible) that you contracted bursitis from a washcloth.
    Bursitis is a swelling and irritation of the bursa which is a membrane sac that surrounds and cushions joints such as the elbow from the tendon. Bursitis is most often brought on by smacking your elbow on something, hitting your funny bone, etc. Often you don’t even remember hitting your elbow until you get the swelling and pain as a reminder.
    The ONLY other possibility would be septic bursitis in which bacteria would have entered the bursa by way of a gash or cut on the elbow which you then used the washcloth on. Again very, very, unlikely even if you got the washcloth out of a trash can on unflushed toilet.
    Since you also have psoriasis, I would be more inclined to believe that all of your issues are signs and symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis not a dirty washcloth. My wildest guess would be that the doctor put you on a common antibiotic and NSAIDs like ibuprofen to help with any pain and swelling. This protocol will treat the symptoms however you should work with your primary doctor to find and treat the underlying cause.
    Although I am not a doctor, I do have a practice on Facebook and perhaps my diagnosis and suggestions will lead you to a cure. Kindly watch your mailbox for a bill for my consultation services fee.
    Good luck and have a nice day!

8. BUMBACLADWAR

BUMBACLADWAR Road Train Member

Dec 5, 2013
    My uncle caught MRSA at the hospital.They claim online that up to 70% of ALL hospital staff Everywhere have it. Its Scary Stuff.

Trucking in Tennessee Thanks this.
  9. theSoz

theSoz Light Load Member

Jan 24, 2020
    Hospitals are dirty places, but the staff isn't walking around with MRSA, I can assure you.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2020
  10. Trucking in Tennessee

Trucking in Tennessee Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2018
    Nashville
    My mother not only caught it but died at 72 from it. It's one nasty staph infection.

11. Espressolane

Espressolane Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Just south of the north 40
    Hospitals and other acute care facilities have been known for a long time to have real problems with MRSA.
    The last few years have seen a significant decline in the spread. The most interesting part of it was finding that going back to some low tech and old ways of doing things was the key to reversing the trend. Citrus extracts, most notably grapefruit, are extremely effective .

InTooDeep Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.