WARNING: USHIP has huge brokerage fees (hidden)

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by greenllll, Feb 14, 2012.

1. 379exhd

379exhd Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2012
    rolling through hell
    Yea against my better judgement put a bid in on a truck they wanted moved in 2 weeks. bid dropped $1400 off my bid in a matter of 2 days. It's about as pointless as pointless gets now but I would like to have a video camera when the 2 bit illegal hot shotter pulls into fort riley military base and tries to load a 26000lb 6x6 on a 21000lb gvwr trailer. :biggrin_2559:

Hanadarko and DrtyDiesel Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hanadarko

Hanadarko Independent Owner/Operator

Oct 1, 2009
    Midwest
    Sounds like the pair of morons thats on this season.......

4. 379exhd

Jun 25, 2012
    rolling through hell
    Yea no kidding. Sad thing is people like chris and robbie or the moron that undercut me so badly give us all a bad name. I still wanna get chris and robbie to pull my gooseneck that's in south caroilna up to me. After the arrangements the next call would be to the state of nebraka's carrier enforcement division. Knowing my luck the trailer would get in pounded though right along with the 40 chevy on it though.

Hanadarko Thanks this.
  5. Hanadarko

Oct 1, 2009
    Midwest
    There was quite the history on some of these guys....recall "Dreamtime Transportation" with Scott and Susie?....poof gone.
    I think they were operating under a suspended MC during filming?? - I cant recall but know there was some crap like that going on.

Now, it seems Jennifer is tied into "Arbie's Team Transport" (logos on her truck) - although the show appears to show them all competing....?! - yet no one else out there ever wins but one of the people on the show.

Seriously? :biggrin_2556:

It makes for stupid TV to watch I guess - but the 1st day I saw it and noticed how people bid DOWN, I immediately lost interest.

6. 379exhd

Jun 25, 2012
    rolling through hell
    Yea I do recall them. They were put out of services for 2 years while operating on uship. Checked on them 6 months ago and they had suspended they're authority. Now running their DOT# or MC# returns nothing last time I checked anyway. Scott wrote a book on how to succeed as being an O/O as well now isn't that a great selling point?

Didn't know about Jen beign tied to arbies team though it's pretty funny in my opinion though. I personally think A&E has something going on with uship though here's a link to the caboose that was hauled in season 1. That's why I think A&E has their hands in on uship because another guy on uship bidded on it before the cast.
    http://www.uship.com/shipment/WOOD-CABOOSE---NO-WHEELS/674927474/

You're right it makes for stupid T.V. and it is pretty pathetic that they bid down so low but it happens every day in real trucking as well. Hell I have guys that call brokers and undercut me all the time loads get posted and I'll call it's already taken and I ask the rate and about have a heart attack on how they can haul that cheap. I watch shipping wars just to get a good laugh some of it might be staged but I'm sure a lot of it is true to some extent.

7. Hanadarko

Oct 1, 2009
    Midwest
    People haul for a $1/mi just to stave off bankruptcy I think....but in the end, you can't run for $1/mi....

379exhd Thanks this.
  8. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    To some extent you can.

After all. Most of them do not comply with the costs that a normal person deals with.

No insurance, dot number etc.

Hanadarko Thanks this.
  9. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    the funniest part about the whole thing is how in the intro they say that the show is about uships TOP transporters. that one young guy is always late and has a POS vehicle thats a sorry excuse for transport. im sorry but if thats your top shipper then they have a real problem lol

10. Rugerfan

Rugerfan Road Train Member

May 3, 2011
    Redding,CA
    hell chris and robbie were so dumb they didnt even have a active log book when a cop pulled them over and the other girl is to stupid to realize she actually needs to go into the scale lol

Hanadarko and BAYOU Thank this.
  11. frank_the_tank

frank_the_tank Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2010
    pittsburgh, pa
    i watch the show for the "draama." as with all the "reality" shows its obviously staged ALOT. ive went on that uship site and most of the rates are lucky to be .50 a mile. cars seem to be consistantly around $1.00 a mile. those jokers on that show take them loads for pennies because a&e is most likely paying them generously when the cameras go off. roy isnt buying a brand new dually out on the road without batting an eye on straight uship monies.

Hanadarko Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.