WARNING: USHIP has huge brokerage fees (hidden)

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by greenllll, Feb 14, 2012.

1. 379exhd

379exhd Road Train Member

Jun 25, 2012
    rolling through hell
    Yea pretty much. Theyre all idiots on the show aside from mark. And he obviously doesnt do a post trip running that detroit outta oil (no big loss imo). But theyre all pretty stupid. Chris and robbie are probably the stupidest next to jarred. But its so much fun to watch them morons screw stuff up. Hell that gives me an idea...we should have tye ooida file a class action law suit against a&e and say theyre giving truck drivers a bad name and encouraging people to use illegal transporters lol.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Florida Playboy

Florida Playboy Road Train Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Florida
    As a carrier Uship is crap. I just tried bidding on a dresser someone needed moved 300 miles. Their target price was $200 so now there are idiots offering $80 bids. I'm sure if I bid $50 some idiot would offer to move it for $35. No thanks I don't haul for free. It would be like a broker offering you $2k to haul a load and you comeback and say "that's ok I'll do it for $1,100!" You just can't fix stupid.

Will be using it as a shipper soon, that should go better as I see these carriers are very hungry for business even if it means hauling for peanuts. Win for me I guess.:biggrin_25523:

4. Hanadarko

Hanadarko Independent Owner/Operator

Oct 1, 2009
    Midwest
    I am partial to my Detroit. It has treated me very well.
    Marc and I are one of the few that have S60 engines in our late model KWs.

Marc had an oil line let loose. He told me he felt it was due to Blue Beacon as it happened soon after he had the engine degreased. I'm sure that's possible but I agree pre/post trips should have caught this - along with the mess it created.

I have had my own issues with the Beacon and haven't returned since then...but that's another story for another thread...

:biggrin_25513:

5. 379exhd

Jun 25, 2012
    rolling through hell
    I personally have never had any luck with detroits. And no disrespect intended to you or any other detroit fans I just don't like them and have never had good luck with them. Now I do know there are a lot of people that will not buy anything but a detroit. And they're probably the only motor you can put any driver in and they have excellent fuel economy guarentee you make more than I do in your detroit powered W9 than I do in my cat powered pete.

As for that episode I felt sorry for mark when that happened but it happens but the fact that a truck wash may be responsible for that is the reason I was my truck and degrease my own engine.

And blue beacon for another thread huh? I'll be watching for that one. Seems like now days it's cheaper and safer to wash stuff yourself. Guess I lucked out I got 4 nephews and a niece that can wash mine for me this summer :biggrin_2559:

6. Hanadarko

Oct 1, 2009
    Midwest
    (Don't want to hijack this thread....)

Im not gonna start another thread for the Beacon.....But I did have to file a claim for damage and they dragged
    their feet on it big time and in the end, wouldnt take care of ALL of the damage and only offered to reclean an area.

Hardly the settlement I was looking for - but I gave up the fight.
    More important things to deal with I guess....

When I discussed that with Marc, he too was wondering about an odd brown stain that appeared on his aluminum after a wash.
    I told him that was one of the reasons for my claim.

379exhd Thanks this.
  7. D33RHUNT3R

D33RHUNT3R Medium Load Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Nw Arkansas
    If you look at the new season they do.. I just noticed they have magnetic signs on the doors Jarrett is even wearing a company shirt ....so issue resolved...

http://www.aetv.com/shipping-wars/video/#12979267805

8. 379exhd

Jun 25, 2012
    rolling through hell
    Sorry to hear about that. Sounds like a bunch of b.s. if you ask me. We all know if you would've damaged part of they're truck wash they would've come after you until they were completely satisfied. Anyway were getting close to hijacking this so back to uship. Checked again this morning theres another 6x6 coming outta fort riley and this ones already down at $2600 on 400+ miles

9. BAYOU

BAYOU Road Train Member

Sep 23, 2010
    Beaumont,Tx
    That 6x6 will end up getting bumper pulled down the hwy for $380, not sure why anyone would wait and bid on a load for two weeks

And them trailers mark and his buddy went to CA to pull to TX that was crazy is was what $3,k a trailer than you have to D/H back to pick up your trailer to haul freight again my price would of been $7,000 a trailer

10. Hanadarko

Oct 1, 2009
    Midwest
  11. 379exhd

Jun 25, 2012
    rolling through hell
    That was a pretty good article. Prima donna trucker thats funny got a good laugh out of that when i watched it. Theres a lot of difference between prima donna and being safe. I have no problem hooking up to a trailer thats from 1960 as long as itll pass a dot if they wouldve fixed those trailers im sure mark wouldve hauled them with no problem. But its like his friend said when it aint safe put your family in a car behind me and see how it goes. Im gonna keep that phrase in mind too at next time i load at M&M and they dont want to butt the skids against eachother lol. Its still amazing how people have driven the rates down so far. Shipping cars for 50cpm isnt too bad if you have a 10 car hauler but on a 3 car its insane and each car is making 50cpm...god wouldnt that be a good paying load :biggrin_2559:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.