WARNING: USHIP has huge brokerage fees (hidden)

Discussion in 'Expediter and Hot Shot Trucking Forum' started by greenllll, Feb 14, 2012.

1. Hanadarko

Hanadarko Independent Owner/Operator

Oct 1, 2009
    Midwest
    Just got this load offered to me (not from uShip):

Origin: SAUKVILLE, WISCONSIN
    Destination: PELHAM, ALABAMA
    Pickup Date: 01/02/2013
    Carrier Pay: $ 858.00
    Miles: 749
    Rate Per Mile: $ 1.15
    Weight: 46500 lbs

Seriously...these are slinky's.....Someone will haul it for that price, sadly....
    Maybe if we toss it on uShip - the price will go down even further!

Logan76 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. VisionLogistics

VisionLogistics Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Jellystone
    1354256703293.jpg

I'm even seeing .98 on FTL haha, no thanks, let it rot on the dock.

Hanadarko Thanks this.
  4. Hanadarko

Oct 1, 2009
    Midwest
    When I was in Orlando last fall, I was offered 2 loads....$.98 and $1.06/mi.
    First was hauling heavy strapped bags of peat moss and the 2nd was pallets.

I dead headed up to ATL before I'd take that crap.....

VisionLogistics Thanks this.
  5. Ruthless

Ruthless Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2010
    The City.
    welfare wire ;)

Logan76 Thanks this.
  6. Hanadarko

Oct 1, 2009
    Midwest
    Now thats f'n funny there man ...... :biggrin_25521:

7. Cy Ran

Cy Ran Light Load Member

May 20, 2012
    So Cal
    I agree with everything in your posting except the last sentence. I’m not in and never been in the freight business, and I can see many potential short-falls to the actors shipping skills. Why are they bidding down jobs just to keep your rival from getting the job.

Interesting how this tread is about the fees Uship charges, but when the show displays the drivers profit vs. losses they have no line that reflects and middleman fees.

Last night while at work I watched the show (sometimes things get slow and we have to be on-call) because this web-site mentioned it. In the past when I saw the commercials for the show I just blew-it-off as more scripted argument clinic babble. Hence I never considered watching it.

Funny that was the episode I saw. IMHO that did NOT show truckers in a good light (makes them look like a un-planning, blame placing loafs ). There was nothing professional about how the approached the whole job, heck they seemed to know they would have problems but they still followed each other in two different tractors to check the job out after meeting up.

8. Projektf350

Projektf350 Medium Load Member

Mar 31, 2012
    Ive seen people bid as low as .40 a mile. After fees I don't know how any of these tools make money (or pay for maintenance on the rig)

Hanadarko Thanks this.
  9. TennTrucker

TennTrucker Light Load Member

Aug 20, 2010
    Dresden, Tn
    Funny thing is the clowns on the show are most likely the cream of the crop.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Hanadarko Thanks this.
  10. VisionLogistics

VisionLogistics Road Train Member

Dec 8, 2011
    Jellystone
    The hot chick with the horse trailer is pretty much grade A stock.

frank_the_tank and Hanadarko Thank this.
  11. MichaelT

MichaelT Bobtail Member

I'm a newbie here to the Truckers Report.. wanna say hi to all. Anyhow, I watched the first season of shipping wars, kinda thought they looked like fools in front of the cameras and of course many / most, acted the part as well. I definitely lost interest after season 1.

Kinda interesting, when the Wife and I were out in Vegas last year, we stopped by Rick's Restoration (American Restoration), took a lil tour and chatted with some of the guys there.. They mentioned that the "PEP Boys" statue that they had restored (previously on a show and was still in the shop) was gonna be on "Shipping wars".. couple guys and I kinda chuckled and asked them if they were sure they wanted to go that route..?

They had a puzzled look and asked why ?... Well, they claimed they never had even seen any of the "Shipping Wars" shows.. maybe true, maybe not. But anyhow we had told them good luck and hopefully it gets to it's destination undamaged. I hadn't watched any of the shows to see if it ever happened / aired or not..

Mike

Grumppy and Hanadarko Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.