Watkins-Shepard Acquired by Schneider

Discussion in 'Watkins & Shepard' started by 3031, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Driver91

Driver91 Medium Load Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Yeah I'm kinda thinking that dispatch will prob be the next to go unfortunately. My dispatchers have been great to me. I been going back and forth about staying. But I really don't know now.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Phantaztix

Phantaztix Light Load Member

Sep 14, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    Except Loren. He's always ####ing my #### up.

3031 Thanks this.
  4. Driver91

Jun 28, 2015
    I don't deal with any others but myrtle. So I can't complain at all. They have been really good to me. And that would be the reason I would decide to stay. But if that ever went away, then my whole deal would be messed up.

5. Phantaztix

Phantaztix Light Load Member

Sep 14, 2015
    San Diego, CA
    I'm on my last trip out. I'm cleaning out the truck when I go on my next hometime in a while.

6. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    wow thats all we need is more orange trucks

7. 3031

3031 Light Load Member

Jun 29, 2011
    It was fun while it lasted. I can't complain. I used this job to pay off $50k in debt and build up a nice emergency fund. I'm currently saving for a down payment on a house, but I doubt I'll buy one until the job uncertainty is settled one way or another. I'm debt-free with money in the bank thanks to Watkins-Shepard hiring me fresh out of school with no experience, so I am grateful for that. I never had to live any of the trainer horror stories I read on here. I'm not quitting yet, though, because every weekly paycheck just adds to my "screw you fund" and although I don't like the changes I see, it's still easy money and I'm familiar with everything we do. Finding a new job is a big life disruption, and I'll certainly do it if I have to (or if a great opportunity comes along) but there's something to be said for letting easy, comfortable money come in as long as it stays easy and comfortable.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    longbedGTs Thanks this.
  8. Driver91

Jun 28, 2015
    Your situation is very similar to mine. I was in debt, and needed to make double what I was making when I went to trucking school. And I have here. And to be completely honest even though I tailgate furniture all day, it's the easiest job I've ever had for the money.
    I have made the decision to stay at Watkins and turn down the other offer I had. Might regret it. But if I need to I'll find another job somewhere else. But they have been dang good to me and I just hate to leave for a job I'm kinda unsure about. And also that I'll probably have to work a lot harder to make the same money.

3031 Thanks this.
  9. radioshark

radioshark Road Train Member

Nov 19, 2012
    I saw a Schneider company truck pulling a Watkins-Shepard trailer across 70 in Missouri today

10. Driver91

Jun 28, 2015
    Yep it's happening. And Watkins is pulling Schneider stuff. Truck loads only from what I understand. LTL stuff is Watkins only for now I guess

radioshark Thanks this.
  11. Q714

Q714 Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2015
    According to my friend, that's still there (he shared pics of it) they needed to use some Schneider trucks as they didn't have enough Watkins trucks to pull them out of Indiana

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.