Watkins-Shepard Acquired by Schneider

Discussion in 'Watkins & Shepard' started by 3031, Jun 1, 2016.

1. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    The dedicated side of sni isnt anyway like the otr/reg side....dedicated does very well...but i understand your view...

Tac-Lift Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. hellraiser1369

hellraiser1369 Bobtail Member

Jun 6, 2016
    Ya no kiddin been out here 25 + years if i wanted to dive for schnider i would have put in a application but ive never wanted to drive for shnidee nor do i want to know. I cant see anything possitive coming out of this for us ws drivers. All i see ist a pay cut and an even slower orange truck .HELL NO I SAY!!! Time to look for another truck to drive.

BackIsSore Thanks this.
  4. BackIsSore

BackIsSore Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    USA
    Don't forget lots of micro managing! No way will you be left alone like W/S has done and trusted it's drivers to do for so many years. SNI is just a hand holding Swift outfit. Things will stay the same for 6 months and then you'll start noticing the changes. After, 3-5 years the W/S name will be gone and you'll be driving a orange truck that hasn't been washed in 9 months.

awakened Thanks this.
  5. BackIsSore

BackIsSore Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2008
    USA
    The only one smiling from this is cheap Ray, keep fooling yourselves that things will be the same.

6. jakecat22

jakecat22 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Ohio
    You won't be driving an orange truck, Schnieder doesn't buy orange anymore! ;)

drvrtech77 and 91B20H8 Thank this.
  7. awakened

awakened Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2016
    That doesn't make me feel any better at all.

8. awakened

awakened Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2016
    Very good point about the micro managing. One of the things I like most about w/s is that nobody is breathing down our necks. As long as the stops are made on schedule, you are free to operate as you please.

9. Driver91

Driver91 Medium Load Member

Jun 28, 2015
    You will see most of the drivers leave if they start micro managing. And to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if the dispatchers don't leave if it starts because they don't wanna micromanage us. I hardly ever hear from my dispatcher unless they need to me pick up a return lol

10. jakecat22

jakecat22 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Ohio
    Geez, the sense of humor here is absent.

91B20H8 Thanks this.
  11. awakened

awakened Bobtail Member

Jan 24, 2016
    It's kind of depressing subject...Hard to laugh when you find out the CEO sold your livihood for some extra retirement cash to a company that has the slowest trucks on the road, on guard, driver facing cameras and pretty much epitomizes the exploitation of drivers. Ya, funny ha ha isn't it?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.