Watkins & Shepard Trucking, Inc. - Missoula, Mt.

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Passin Thru, Mar 8, 2007.

1. VegasMark

VegasMark Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Las Vegas Nevada
    I've got my CDL, but no driving experience. From what you folks have be saying on this thread, you don't do any OTR with a trainer at all? Just a 10 day orientation and then out on the road solo?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. American-Trucker

American-Trucker Road Train Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Charlotte, North Carolina

yes. If you arent a good driver they will send you home, if your just a little ruff around the edges they'll help you out. It isnt that hard, just take your time and dont panic and you'll be fine.

There are allot of W/S drivers on here that will give out there Phone#'s to new drivers if you need help including me, my phones on 24/7

American Trucker

4. hawkeyejr69

hawkeyejr69 Bobtail Member

Jul 23, 2008
    Denver, CO
    How have the miles been at w/s lately, all trucks are full I'm told?

5. VegasMark

VegasMark Bobtail Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Thank you. I think this is the way to go, at my age, I just can't see spending 5 weeks with a trainer, would if I absolutely had too, but we'll see what happens.

6. buszzbait

buszzbait Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Great Falls, MT
    I been reading on here about WS. Had a really good feeling about them last night so I decided to fill out there online application. I applied as an O/O for the Flatbed Division. Wow! got a call from a recruiter this morning. I been wanting to get into Flatbed but in my 22 Yrs driving I have no experience in Flatbed. They have training for it so that was a plus. He wanted to know when I'm ready for orientation. I said I needed to absorb what we just talked about and I would call him back...I just called them back to let them know I will start orientation on Monday. So there is 3 days orientation + another 3-4 days Flatbed training. I'll have to drive the tractor in so they can do inspection,install Qualcom system, install headache rack, decals.
    Pretty excited to get started with WS.

7. AXE

AXE Road Train Member

Jul 2, 2010
    Chandler, AZ
    Welcome to the party!

buszzbait Thanks this.
  8. the flying scotsman

the flying scotsman Medium Load Member

Jul 28, 2010
    Portland, OR
    wow that was all very fast indeed...id be like, what...who...where??? LOL

good luck with WS, from my short experience with them on the van side and through talking to several FB'ers including O/O's you should be kept real busy and treated real good!

buszzbait Thanks this.
  9. buszzbait

buszzbait Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Great Falls, MT

AXE, Thanks for the welcome. Nice Truck!

10. buszzbait

buszzbait Bobtail Member

Jun 26, 2011
    Great Falls, MT
    Hey scotsman, exactly how I felt when they called. Good to know that I'll be busy and treated good.
    Have to get plates, not sure to use theirs or get my own.
    I'm ready to go to work as I been off for over 3 weeks now.

11. HAMADOWN

HAMADOWN Light Load Member

Mar 14, 2011
    DETROIT, MI
    I am starting my last week of CDL-A training Monday...graduate Friday, going to Vegas for a week and starting orientation in Conover on Feb. 13th, 2012.
    Pretty certain I am making the correct choice here and happy that Watkins and Shepard are giving me a chance.
    I am hoping to work my way into flatbeds as soon as I can, does anyone know the process for getting into the flatbed division? Thanks, Tim

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.