ways to keep fuel pedal engaged?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by TruckerRawb, Apr 12, 2022.

1. 12 ga

12 ga THE VIEW FROM MY OFFICE

Oct 21, 2013
    Central Michigan
    CorsairFanboy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    :laughing-guffaw:( fast becoming my favorite icon) Just gets better and better( worse and worse) You know, if I asked HALF of these stupid questions,,,that's right, I can't take it anymore, and these are just STUPID questions,( fuel pedal?) to any of my bosses, I'd be out on my axx,,what's next? No wonder the goods aren't on the shelf,,

Concorde Thanks this.
  4. 12 ga

12 ga THE VIEW FROM MY OFFICE

Oct 21, 2013
    Central Michigan
    It amazes me these days, just HOW green can green be.

Concorde Thanks this.
  5. mustang190

mustang190 Road Train Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Florida Panhandle
    For some silly reason I thought all new trucks had cruise control?

6. JoeTruck

JoeTruck Heavy Load Member

Mar 13, 2015
    LOWER 48
    I don't know about 2020 trucks but 2016 17 and 18 freightliner and the 2019 international I am sitting in right now if you want to idle the truck you press the cruise on button then press the set button. Dashboard says engine throttle and I idle all night.

7. Bias_racing

Bias_racing Light Load Member

Aug 4, 2019
    lol

8. Magoo1968

Magoo1968 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2021
    St Malo mb
    Since you bought it swing by a shop and get it set right.. if you need more rpm then it allows you’ll need to get a pto .most only go to 800 rpm according to what they told me.. 800 rpm ran cool overnight in minus 40 with a winter front.

GoneButNotForgotten Thanks this.
  9. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    And every year options are taken away.

What works in one truck, even of the same year, may not work on another.
    It all depends on the software currently installed, and how the company sets it up.

CorsairFanboy Thanks this.
  10. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    I wasn't even going to come back to this, but I feel I need to get this off my chest. 1st, I don't blame this person, they are merely a victim of what I'd call a "push-a-button" society today. I don't think they personally are stupid, someone loves them, they probably do a good job, show up for work, etc., but my beef is, today, as a society, we expect a push of a button to solve any problem and are lost if life requires anything more than that. It's as if this site has an ad somewhere, "Got an embarrassing question that will surely make you look stupid, ask it here. You can remain anonymous, and not look like a fool". Years ago, either you went to the boss and asked a silly question like this, or, horrors, maybe figure out a way ON YOUR OWN. Years ago, the job needed people who could figure it out on their own, if you couldn't, you didn't make it or more accurately, didn't have the grapes to make it. The fact someone can't figure out how to take the place of their right foot while taking a nap, is disturbing, to say the least.
    I apologize to TruckerRawb, but if you can't figure out how to step up the idle, perhaps a job in trucking is not for them. Not everything can be fixed by a push of a button, and if this IS the way it's going, we, as a country, are in bigger trouble that I thought, trucking wise, that is.

JoeyJunk and 12 ga Thank this.
  11. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

An electric drill with an eccentric wheel on it will simulate someone pressing the fuel pedal every few seconds.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.