We just had another fatal serious Trucking accident in Tacoma

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by Loren green, Mar 19, 2022.

1. JoeyJunk

JoeyJunk Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Washington, PA
    Your firm belief is garbage. I can cite horrible car accidents where NO trucks were involved. Drunk car drivers killing people. Your theory stinks. As long as people behind the wheel of either vehicle don’t give a crap this will continue to happen. You can’t legislate IDGAF out of people. All YOU can do is mind YOUR car and drive responsibly and you will be fine.

If you did a little more digging, you would see most car vs truck accidents are caused by the car. And of course if a truck is involved the car will always lose based on size alone.

Just step away from thinking the big bad truck is dangerous. A teenage airhead texting in a Honda Civic is just as dangerous.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. FFL Trucker

FFL Trucker Light Load Member

Jul 13, 2011
    There are already separate truck lanes in several states with specific laws just for truck drivers, California being the biggest nanny state for that with separate lanes for trucks , 55 mph limit and #### near perfect driving weather year around since it doesn't rain or snow. Even with all these factors I still see horrible car accidents all over the state whenever I have the misfortune of driving around it, oh and snow and ice are good things, they punish all the bad drivers and keep them in their sunny paradises where they are free to drive like the #######es that they are.

The people that drive trucks already have a billion restrictions, most of us drive with cameras pointed at our faces recording our every move. The main issue is that in light of necessity certain rules get bent to meet a demand, a driver shortage means most of the drivers you see around the city are now inexperienced and the company looks away whenever a driver abuses substances. I see it happen every day and in every company I've ever worked for, the govt also looks away at least until something happens. It's why the requirements to drive a car are so lax, because it's viewed as a necessity vs say a European country where driving a car is viewed as a privilege since they have public transport and don't really need cars.

JoeyJunk and God prefers Diesels Thank this.
  4. supergreatguy

supergreatguy Road Train Member

Nov 26, 2020
    One intoxicated truck driver probably equates to 1000 intoxicated 4 wheelers.

5. wis bang

wis bang Road Train Member

Jan 12, 2011
    Levittown, PA
    I was a guest at the Turnpike headquarters and got to see the 'operations' area.

Just before noon the lane sensors counting vehicles around the airport showed the average of 1400 from sensors that reset every second to 3 seconds depending on the amount of traffic.

It is more imperfect due to the east/west merging into car/truck [or vice versa] so it is not completely segregated.

Now consider that 1400 average, per lane, for 1 to 3 seconds, it adds up to a lot of vehicles and if the could segregate the trucks [many times I wished they could!] pushing the cars that move with the trucks in to the car lanes would create total chaos and everyone would be sitting there...Imagine the auto's backed up to gridlock the trucks from the toll booths...

6. The_vett

The_vett Light Load Member

Jan 8, 2021
    So Cal / PNW mostly
    Nobody's perfect so yes there are crashes caused by everyone. . But the fault lies mostly with the 4 wheelers by a large margin. I am certainly not looking forward to autonomous driven vehicles.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
  7. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    That may work for linehaul drivers or Amazon and Walmart distribution centers, but not for the car dealers, auto parts stores, plumbing supply houses, and machine shops that I go to.

D.Tibbitt, The_vett, mjd4277 and 3 others Thank this.
  8. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    I'd like to know what the OP does for a living...... ???

9. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.

Me too. I doubt if he's involved in the trucking industry.
    Like a lot of poorly informed people, he tells us "why" without telling us "how".

10. SmallPackage

SmallPackage Road Train Member

Dec 20, 2019
    Marion Texas
    One semitruck accident and 32,987 car accidents today. Yes lets ban trucks so we have more room on the roads and can get the car accident rate up to our goal of 40,000 in a day. Smoke some pot, drink some 40’s, operate car under mind altering prescription drugs, text while driving. Drive a car that wouldn’t pass any kind of safety inspection like we are on a Nascar team. All with a crackerjack license. Should be no problem reaching that goal.

11. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    Well, I was just wondering because I'm sure I have a lot of ideas about how his industry could do their jobs better.... how they always screw everything up for everybody else. Even if I don't have a clue how it REALLY works..........
    They're all a bunch of idiots... whatever it is they do.

88 Alpha and The_vett Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.