Weekend home time with Averitt...

Discussion in 'Averitt' started by David Williams, Oct 8, 2015.

1. David Williams

David Williams Bobtail Member

Oct 6, 2015
    give it to me straight...what is the most common..getting home on Friday...Saturday..or Sunday...which will happen to me the most if I start working for this company & how often are you home for more than 34 hours...thanks in advance for any replies...just want the straight story on what I'm getting into..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    I get home usually on Fri night/Sat morning and go back out Monday afternoon. so for me 48hrs+ is the norm.

4. travrich87

travrich87 Bobtail Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Roanoke, Va
    I'm usually home Saturday morning or a Friday every now and then back out Monday depending on load delivery time normally afternoon

5. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Averitt (while not perfect) is a pretty decent company. I'd assume for most drivers their weekends are 48 hours, maybe longer on occasion.

unloader

6. Cbohn7885

Cbohn7885 Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2015
    Are you guys TL or Regional? Average miles per week?

7. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    My average is 2K or better a week. This time of year though it'll drop a little bit (maybe 1800 or better), but my FM usually gives me the short runs that no one likes at the end of the week, so I end up making up for it most times.

Since Averitt doesn't run all 48, what most companies call regional is Truckload for us.

8. Cbohn7885

Cbohn7885 Bobtail Member

Oct 3, 2015
    Ok I see thanks. I applied to Averitt for the Regional position. I hope I hear back from them. Any realistic idea of how much is to be made per year or week.K? I have 7 years of experience all off road with the oilfield. No actual OTR experience.

9. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    Lots of variables to say with certainty, but I would guess that you have the capability to make better than 36K the first year given your time. But again, I'm no bean counter and there is quite a few things that can adjust that number. So don't blame me if you don't make said amount. LOL

chopper103in Thanks this.
  10. Jeepman1

Jeepman1 Light Load Member

Dec 24, 2009
    FLORIDA
    Regional at Avrt is EVERYTHING east of the ROCKIES!!!!! HA! Weekend home time varies with the load count. Usually at least 34hr. Get home Friday or Saturday, out on Sunday or Monday depending when you get in. Now the slow time of the year is coming so 2 consecutive days off will not be uncommon. In my 12 years with Avrt I've made over 50K twice, rest of the time has been the mid to high 40's. If your in TRUCKLOAD you will not get rich...the real money to be made is in LTL shuttle.

11. Charlyb715

Charlyb715 Bobtail Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Like you all my driving experience was oilfield. Just finished one week of orientation and one week of backing school. First two weeks of pay was less than my unemployment. I'm grabbing my first load Monday morning, a local to be delivered by 6am, and then off from there. I decided to give them 6 months and if the miles aren't there it'll be on to somewhere else. From what I've heard just be flexible and willing to run over the weekend from time to time.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.