Weigh Station Brake Check or Brake Activation?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by GAShog19, Mar 20, 2023.

1. ducnut

ducnut Road Train Member

Dec 31, 2010
    SPI
    Two PACCAR products have done that to me, a 579 and T680. Previous company was perplexed, as it was early in their purchase of the tech. They had the brake application set to full power. A couple weeks after me, another driver did jackknife a new 579 into the median. I talked to him and we both had zero warning; just locked down. My current company has had several incidents, so they backed down the brake power to ~5%. They claim it’s a PeopleNet interference issue (previous employer was PN, also). In the last month, I’ve had two incidents where it picked up cars doing lane changes, while on their brakes. I was nowhere close to them, cruise control OFF, coasting, the trucking slamming on the brakes, and the display showing the adaptive cruise was disabled by the system. However, the cruise wasn’t on. I know that, because both times I had applied the brakes to slow from a faster speed and was just coasting along. I hate PACCAR products! I’ve not heard of incidents with any Volvo drivers I’ve spoken to.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    Everybody, the manufacturer, company, dealer, if you can name the guy who put it on the #### on on the line sue him too.

4. seamutt

seamutt Light Load Member

Jun 15, 2021
    I doubt it's a Paccar system in your truck, it's probably a "Bendix Wingman". And that's also the collision avoidance you're going to find in most other manufacturers vehicles. Now the tuning/programming of this product, that might be Paccar...

I'm glad I took a pass on this garbage when I bought my new truck, and saved myself $5,000 as well. I got the impression at the dealership that this was an uncommon request? I do, however, miss having adaptive cruise control.

ducnut Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.